Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Screen on Fedora3
Operating Systems Linux Screen on Fedora3 Post 61500 by snort on Friday 4th of February 2005 10:48:33 AM
Old 02-04-2005
Screen on Fedora3

I'm using Fedora3 and Screen
when i do that, Scree dont load my Bash profile

so my MC, centericq and swedish keyboard is mesed up..

how can i use screen and my bash_profile?
or is there another way to fix it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

printing to the screen

HPUX 11.0.X / Korn Shell Hope this makes sense. I have a little function to place things on the screen using the column and row parameters. Question is, how can I be sure of where the current cursor postion is so that if I print something to the upper right hand corner of the screen, I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
2 Replies

2. Linux

Fedora3 After XP

Hi, I love Linux and want to add it to my machine. But don't know how. Can anyone help ? Problem I have 2 hard disks. On Quantum I got XP running smoothly (and sometimes slowly too :) ). Now I want to install Fedora3 on the 2nd hard disk (Fujistu). I need detail instructions as I'm new to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duydien
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing SCREEN

Hello, I tried installing Screen from that I downloaded off of sunfreeware.com. But I can't get it to work. When I attempt to run it I receive: # screen You are not the owner of /tmp/uscreens/S-root. # The owner of that is bin. Permissions are 777. I installed it as root. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with screen

Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to send commands from one screen to another. For example i wish to send a simple "ls -all" from screen #1 to screen #2, can it be done, and how? :confused: Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurth
12 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

GNU screen on HP-UX 11.23

I compiled GNU screen on HP-UX 11.23 and following the compile, I get the following error when I try to run screen Cannot find terminfo entry for 'vt100' By default the TERMINFO is not set, I found a reference that setting it might help. I tried the following but I still receive the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if screen

I have a shell script. I need to make sure when a user executes it, it will be run on a screen in the shell. If the user starts a screen first and runs the screen, the script should continue running. If the user did not start a screen and attempted to run the script, the script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

O/P same as on screen

#Random Scripts 4 #Desc: clear echo "1. To see all processes currently running on the system" echo "2. To kill any given process" echo "Choose between the two" read x case $x in "1")print `ps aux`;; "2") echo "Choose a process to be killed" read y check=`ps ax | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: targetshell
1 Replies
Swedish(5)							File Formats Manual							Swedish(5)

NAME
Swedish, swedish - Introduction to Swedish language support DESCRIPTION
This reference page describes the coded character set (codeset), locale, device, and other kinds of support for the Swedish language. Codesets The operating system supports the following codesets for Swedish by means of locales, codeset converters, or both: ISO 8859-1 (ISO Latin-1) ISO8859-1 is the string that represents this codeset in the names of locales and codeset converters. See iso8859-1(5) for more information. ISO 8859-15 (ISO Latin-9) ISO8859-15 is the string that represents this codeset in the names of locales and codeset converters. See iso8859-15(5) for more information. UCS-2, UCS-4, and UTF-8 UCS-2, UCS-4, and UTF-8 are the strings that represent these encoding formats in the names of locales and codeset converters. See Unicode(5) for more information. PC code pages cp437, cp850, cp865, and cp1252 are the strings that represent these encoding formats in the names of codeset converters. See code_page(5) for more information. See the i18n_intro(5) and l10n_intro(5) reference pages for introductory information on codesets. The iconv_intro(5) reference page dis- cusses codeset converters and how to use them. Locales The operating system supports the following Swedish locales: sv_SE.ISO8859-1, sv_SE.ISO8859-15, and sv_SE.UTF-8, for Sweden Of these locales, only sv_SE.ISO8859-15 and sv_SE.UTF-8 support the euro currency sign. You can use the locale command (see locale(1)) to find out which locales are installed on your system. See i18n_intro(5) for information on setting locale from the operating system command line. For the Common Desktop Environment (CDE), you set locale by setting the session language. To do this, use the Language menu accessed from the Options button of the Login window. Keyboards The operating system supports the following VT style and PC style keyboards with Swedish characters printed on the keys: ---------------------------------------------- VT Style (105/108 keys) PC Style (102 keys) ---------------------------------------------- LK201-LM LK442-RA LK201-NM LK444-AM LK401-AM LK471-AF LK411-AM LK47W-AF LK450-AM LK97W-AF LK451-AM PCXAL-AM LK461-AM PCXAL-CA LK46W-AM PCXAL-JA PCXAL-MA ---------------------------------------------- For your keyboard to function correctly with your system, you must load a keyboard mapping table (keymap) that is appropriate for your key- board's model and language. If you load a keymap that does not correspond to your keyboard's model and language, your keyboard behavior is unpredictable. The label located on the bottom surface of a keyboard usually specifies its model (five letter code) and language (two let- ter code). See the keyboard(5) reference page for general information on keymaps and instructions for loading them in different formats. The following tables supply Swedish-specific information that you need when loading keymaps. Selecting keymaps in xkb format: --------------------------------------------------------- For VT Style For PC Style Keyboard: Select: Keyboard: Select: --------------------------------------------------------- LK201-LM lk201 LK442-RA lk442 or lk44x LK201-NM lk201 LK444-AM lk444 or lk44x LK401-AM lk401 LK471-AF lk471af or lk471 LK411-AM lk411 LK47W-AF lk471af or lk471 LK450-AM lk450 LK97W-AF lk97waf or lk97w LK451-AM lk450 PCXAL-AM pcxalja LK461-AM lk461 PCXAL-CA pcxalca LK46W-AM lk461 PCXAL-JA pcxalja PCXAL-MA pcxalma --------------------------------------------------------- Selecting keymaps in xmodmap format: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- For VT Style For PC Style Keyboard: Select: Keyboard: Select: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- LK201-LM swedish lk201lm dp LK442-RA swedish lk444ma or finnish lk444ca swedish lk201lm tw LK444-AM swedish lk444ma or finnish lk444ca LK201-NM swedish lk201nm dp LK471-AF swedish pcxalja swedish lk201nm tw LK47W-AF swedish pcxalja LK401-AM swedish lk401am dp PCXAL-AM swedish pcxalja swedish lk401am tw PCXAL-CA swedish pcxalja LK411-AM swedish lk411am PCXAL-JA swedish pcxalja LK450-AM swedish lk411am PCXAL-MA swedish pcxalja LK451-AM swedish lk411am LK461-AM swedish lk411am LK46W-AM swedish lk411am ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Keyboards can have keys with characters printed on both the left and right half of the keycap. The way you set or use your keyboard to send different sets of characters varies from one keyboard model to another. Furthermore, your keyboard allows you to enter more characters than those printed on the keycaps. Refer to the keyboard(5) reference page for information on how to enter characters. Printers PostScript fonts for languages supported by the ISO 8859-1 codeset are printer resident. SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: code_page(5), euro(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), iso8859-1(5), iso8859-15(5), keyboard(5), l10n_intro(5), Unicode(5) Writing Software for the International Market Swedish(5)