Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help need on nawk script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help need on nawk script Post 61493 by vgersh99 on Friday 4th of February 2005 09:16:49 AM
Old 02-04-2005
Code:
nawk '$1 ~ /PROFILE/ {out=FILENAME ++i; print $0 > out}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK Script not working fine

Hello to all can any one help me out with a nawk script. Actually i am having a shell script which uses nawk pattern searching and it is not parsing the file properly. I have been debugging it since long time, but nt able 2 find the root cause.. If any one can help me out with this one .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheeraj19584
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop in Nawk Script

I have a script which performs a getline (customer enters data) and a list is returned which has the data that was entered return to them. Then it ends. How can I get this script to return to the begin and ask the question again. Ths script needs to stop after the list is returned and then hit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morph797
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running nawk script

Hi, I was trying to use nawk script given in this link https://www.unix.com/aix/19979-df-output-not-aligned.html but when i do this im getting this error $ df -k|formatDF.nawk -ksh: formatDF.nawk: not found Can anyone help me on this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Var in nawk script parse incorrectly

I'm writing a Texas Hold'em script in bash v3.00.16(1) to learn more about awk/nawk scripts and regex expressions by trying to randomize a list of names using awk's rand function. The problem is that the elements in the var convert to a single element in the nawk script. I've tried several things,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HexKnot
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Script not working

Any idea why this isn't working? YESTERF=`TZ=aaa24 date +%b"-"%d | sed 's/-0/--/'` filelist2=$(find /export/home/gen/cks/traces \( -name \*YESTERF\* -name \*DNA\* \) -print | tr '\n' ' ') print "Date/Time,Location,Shelf,IP,Reason,Log Filename" >> $OUTPUT nawk -F':' ' $2 ~... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter to nawk from shell script

I need to parse log files using nawk, but I'm not able to pass script input argument (date) to nawk, for example: ------------ #!/bin/ksh read date nawk -F, '{if($1==date) print $4" "$5}' ------------- Is there a way to pass an argument to nawk from shell script. Many thanks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk script to manipulate txt file

Hi experts, I am not familiarised using nawk/awk to manipulate txt file. So I need ur help here. thanks. txt1 - qc_m.log TQC101 TQC102 TQC103 TQC104 txt2 - resultEqpt.log TQC102,,LOGOFF TQC103,,LOGOFF TQC104,2012-10-03 07:42:57,LOGON so TQC101 is not found in txt 2. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass nawk variable to shell within the same script?

Hi All, I tried googling but so far no luck, can someone tell me how pass the variable value used inside the nawk command to shell. In the below script i get the value of $c (without color: Total Executed: " c ") but the printf which is outside the nawk command doesn't print the value or it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -r, grep, nawk in script

Hello Friends, I am new to unix shell, need to understand the meaning of few cmds in below script, #!/usr/bin/ksh FTP_FILE_NAME="$1" if then grep "TRLR@@@@@@" $FTP_FILE_NAME | nawk -F"" '{print $2}' else echo "0" fi what is the use of -r, grep, nawk & -F in above script. Why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DK2014
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
       ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices

SYNOPSIS
       /usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir]

DESCRIPTION
       ucblinks  creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi-
       ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry.

ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand.

ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been  created,
       since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed.

In  releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a  nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses  nawk
       for the default operation, although  nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option.  The  nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS
       5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk.

OPTIONS
       -e rulebase     Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements.

-r rootdir      Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /.

FILES
       /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk        sample rule-base for compatibility links

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWscpu			   |

SEE ALSO
       devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5)

SunOS 5.10							    13 Apr 1994 						      ucblinks(1B)