Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FIND function - system wide
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FIND function - system wide Post 61315 by jyoung on Wednesday 2nd of February 2005 11:00:43 AM
Old 02-02-2005
I use this from the root directory on AIX Unix flavor:
find . -name Xstartup -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links working system wide

I have created symbolic links to several frequently used commands, for example: "lt" is a link to "ls -ltrgo|tail". What can I do to make these links available system-wide, or at least in the directories my coworkers are in most of the time? I have copied the link to several directories, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System wide CDE setup

Does anyone know how to make system wide changes to the CDE's front panel icons? I dont know if it matters but im running Solaris 9. THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyersp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

system wide password change

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I was trying to write a script that would force a system wide password change except for admins. I am having some trouble and any help that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do it by using the UID as the marker for anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilemark
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find pid of PS which executed by perl system function

hello All, I need to invoke by perl script some program/command and monitor it for 5 minutes . In case it still running for more then 5 min I need to send a signal which will stop it. I implemeted this as shown below by using eval & alarm and I'd like to know if there is a better way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Linux

System wide find and sort

Hi, I need to look for a config file (ldap.conf) and pick the latest modified file. `locate` tells me there are many ldap.conf's, some in /etc, /usr, /home, etc. Is there some way I can sort them by last modified time via bash? I was thinking maybe I could pipe the output of `locate` to `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Housni
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Declaring LD_PRELOAD system wide for dynamic loading

Dear Fellows; As being new to linux, i have tried to synamically load a custom library which overrides some system calls like conncet(), socket() etc.... for custom purposes. It works well, if declaring the environment path LD_PRELOAD and execution of the application to be override... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[GPG] System-wide public key?

We need to have many of our users all send encrypted files to a single FTP server. The problem, if I understand how encryption/decryption works (which I don't), is that each user would normally have their own private and public key. The other end needs to be able to decrypt the file(s) using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

The system function gethostbyname() failed to find the client's host name

As we are facing issue with this server connection. The error is: The system function gethostbyname() failed to find the client's host name. how can i check if the server "server1" is able to resolve the client hostname (hosts / dns)? i can ping the client from server. any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing system-wide for umask

Hi everybody, How can I change the default UMASK for non root users, e.g. I want the umask for every new created user will be 0044. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

System-wide search

When looking for wherever a program or a filename appears in the system, a short scrip is "findinner" which another script calls with a long parameter list consisting of path names ending with ".sh" or ".menu". "findinner" looks like this: # If not .savenn file, show name and result of grep. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
smartcard(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					      smartcard(5)

NAME
smartcard - overview of smart card features on Solaris DESCRIPTION
The smart card framework provides a mechanism to abstract the details of interacting with smart cards and smart cardreaders (called card terminals). The framework is based on the OpenCard Framework V1.1 (OCF) with Sun extensions to allow OCF to operate in a multi-user envi- ronment. The core OCF software protocol stack is implemented as a system service daemon. This implementation allows smart cards and card terminals to be shared cooperatively among many different clients on the system while providing access control to the smart card and card terminal resources on a per-UID basis. An event dispatcher is provided to inform clients of events occuring on the card and at the card terminal, such as card insertion and card removal. A high-level authentication mechanism is provided to allow clients to perform smart card-based authentications without requiring knowledge of specific card or reader authentication features. A set of applet administration tools is provided for JavaCards that support downloading Java applets (although applet build tools are not provided). Administration of the smart card framework is provided with the smartcard(1M) command line administration utility and the smartcardguiad- min(1) GUI administration tool. Support the following card terminal is provided: o Dallas iButton Serial Reader (see ocf_ibutton(7D)) Additional card terminals can be supported by implementing smart card terminal interfaces in a shared library. Support for several smart cards is provided: o Schlumberger Cyberflex Access JavaCard o Schlumberger MicroPayflex o Dallas Semiconductor Java iButton JavaCard Each of the supported cards has a complete set of OCF card services that implement the necessary functionality for authentication and secure storage of data. For the two supported JavaCards, an authentication and secure data storage applet is provided that can be loaded into these cards with the supplied applet administration tools. See smartcard(1M). A PAM smart card module is provided to allow PAM clients to use smart card-based authentication. See pam_smartcard(5) CDE is able to use the PAM smart card module for dtlogin and dtsession authentication. CDE also uses the smart card framework event dis- patcher to listen for events on the card terminal and provide corresponding visual feedback to the user. SEE ALSO
ocfserv(1M), smartcard(1M), libsmartcard(3LIB), pam_start(3PAM), pam_smartcard(5), ocf_ibutton(7D), scmi2c(7D) SunOS 5.10 16 Oct 2002 smartcard(5)