Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Emulator
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Emulator Post 61305 by google on Wednesday 2nd of February 2005 08:12:42 AM
Old 02-02-2005
Try Cygwin which is a unix-like operating system that runs under windows.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix emulator for windows 98

as part of my course i have to do a lot of programming using the universities unix server. i am able to access this from home using telnet but i cannot use axe or anything to edit my files. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that could enable me yo do this as i like working at 2am when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HALLY
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uising ed in wipro uwin unix emulator

i have no clue what I am doing with the ed editor since i have never really used it.. the only thing is the sed edittor on the unix emulator I downloaded for windows is rather simple and the man pages are very vague... it doesn't function according to most linux operating systems that envoke sed..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Emulator Or Simulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Emulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator for DOS Shell

would like to have ls, wc -l, etc all availble in this silly dos shell I'm stuck in thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robersh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which version of unix and termnail emulator

hello i have a computer sat around doing nothing so i what to install a version of Unix on it, i then want to access the computer from my pc though my home network e.g router. The thing is what version of unix should i use there are so many and being new to all of this some advice would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdude
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

good Unix emulator for vista PC

Dear experts! can you please advise if there are good solutions to emulate Unix on a vista PC? I'm on windows by default, as many on my crucial applications are exclusively win-based, so rebooting each time I need UNIX functionality in a double-boot configuration is not my case.. But I do like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roussine
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator Cygwin

Hi, I installed unix emulator cygwin, it does not allow me to open vi editor. Can anybody know if cygwin supports vi. if not can somebody please refer a good emulator. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siquadri
5 Replies
MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton(3pm)

NAME
Class::MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton - Emulate Class::Singleton SYNOPSIS
use Class::MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton; # returns a new instance my $one = Class::MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton->instance(); # returns same instance my $two = Class::MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton->instance(); COMPATIBILITY
This module emulates the functionality of Class::Singleton, using Class::MakeMethods to generate similar methods. You may use it directly, as shown in the SYNOPSIS above, Furthermore, you may call "use Class::MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton '-take_namespace';" to alias the Class::Singleton namespace to this package, and subsequent calls to the original package will be transparently handled by this emulator. To remove the emulation aliasing, call "use Class::MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton '-release_namespace'". Caution: This affects all subsequent uses of Class::Singleton in your program, including those in other modules, and might cause unexpected effects. DESCRIPTION
A Singleton describes an object class that can have only one instance in any system. An example of a Singleton might be a print spooler or system registry. This module implements a Singleton class from which other classes can be derived. By itself, the Class::Singleton module does very little other than manage the instantiation of a single object. In deriving a class from Class::Singleton, your module will inherit the Singleton instantiation method and can implement whatever specific functionality is required. SEE ALSO
See Class::MakeMethods for general information about this distribution. See Class::MakeMethods::Emulator for more about this family of subclasses. See Class::Singleton for documentation of the original module. For a description and discussion of the Singleton class, see "Design Patterns", Gamma et al, Addison-Wesley, 1995, ISBN 0-201-63361-2. See "new" in Class::MakeMethods::Hash and "instance" in Class::MakeMethods::ClassVar for documentation of the created methods. perl v5.10.1 2004-09-06 MakeMethods::Emulator::Singleton(3pm)