Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1 Post 6129 by twadkar on Thursday 30th of August 2001 09:01:44 AM
Old 08-30-2001
Tools Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1

Hello

I am able to connect from Linux machine to Windows machine, but i can not connect from Windows to Linux. Even i can print also from linux to windows... what could be the problem... pl help.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how can I start and configure samba?

Well, that's my question, I'm looking for a tutorial or something to start & work with samba, any help would be much appericiated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshkanAlmaspour
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to install & configure Sendmail

Hi All • Regarding installing sendmail pkg in server, I tried to install the pkg but getting the below errors as shown below - any idea on this? • But I have successfully installed sendmail-cf pkg in the server box • But that is not sufficient we also need to install sendmail pkg • Help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to delete a file through SAMBA

We have AIX box with a share. We have a Windows 2000 server with a mapped drive to this share. We were able to create and delete files inside the mapped drive. I removed the map. Changed it to a test share. Removed that map. Added it back to teh original share. However, now we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcubitt
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to configure Samba 3 for IPv6 operation with Window XP for IPv4

Need help...! I want to configure Samba 3 for IPv6 operation with Window XP for IPv4. I appreciate any guide. Thanks HSV (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sovan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Server unable to send mail-how to configure

Hi All, I'm unable to send out email using mailx command in a new server. I guess the server has to be configured for this. I searched a lot and everywhere it was asked to check /etc/sendmail.cf (I don't have this file in that path.) And I don't have a folder called host or hosts in /etc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qwerty123
6 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to configure in VMWARE

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to configure NIS client server

Dear all, I am using solaris 10 OS. I configured NIS server and i also configured NIS client server but when i use the command ypinit -s sunserv1 in NIS client it is showing me the below error. Enumerates maps from sunserv1. please check that it is running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure Samba with Remote LDAP for Authentications.

I am working on configuring Samba with Remote LDAP for Authentications but facing issue on the same. I googled for the this but most of the setup is to connect local Samba and LDAP with samba-ldap tools but in my case this is on a separate machines. Please help me to configure this. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to configure Photon3G in RHEL6.5

Hi All, Has Any body configured Photon3G ( ZTE MF190 ) on RHEL6.5. Any Device as below .. Bus 001 Device 033: ID 19d2:1254 ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM Kernel -- 2.6.32-431.30.1.el6.x86_64 Usb modeswitch Version .. usb_modeswitch-data-20120815-2.el6.noarch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure samba with PAM point 2 different LDAP

Hi, I would like to configure samba with PEM (with LDAP). I've already found, on the server, configured the PAM Authentication(with LDAP) for ssh. I wanted to know if it was possible to configure PAM for to authenticate to another LDAP only for SAMBA. Is possibile duplicate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark888
2 Replies
LDBRENAME(1)						    System Administration tools 					      LDBRENAME(1)

NAME
ldbrename - Edit LDB databases using your favorite editor SYNOPSIS
ldbrename [-h] [-o options] {olddn} {newdb} DESCRIPTION
ldbrename is a utility that allows you to rename trees in an LDB database based by DN. This utility takes two arguments: the original DN name of the top element and the DN to change it to. OPTIONS
-h Show list of available options. -H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(3) for details. -o options Extra ldb options, such as modules. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 1.1 of LDB. SEE ALSO
ldb(3), ldbmodify, ldbdel, ldif(5) AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell[1]. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Andrew Tridgell http://samba.org/~tridge/ LDB 1.1 06/17/2014 LDBRENAME(1)