Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems Downloading and Installing Stuff Post 61249 by dangral on Tuesday 1st of February 2005 10:24:27 AM
Old 02-01-2005
If you have a windows machine, you can download to that machine and then ftp it over to the Solaris box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH Connection - Problems viewing stuff

Hey, I connected with Cygwin and this command: "ssh -Y USER@web.com" Then trying to open a program, but this error appeared: "Cannot open X display: DISPLAY variable unset" what do I have to do? Thanks. Alex (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alf123
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

4. SCO

problems installing 5.0.7 on HP DL 380G5

hi there, i have a hp DL380G5 with hpsas array controller P400. when installing, i use bootstring as following; defbootstr link=hpsas hd=Sdsk Sdsk=hpsas(0,0,0,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0) then BTLD disk boots ok and looks like the drivers are loaded, all devices show up in boot screen, giving me a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose_antonio
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Kudda has successfully solved the downloading problems for numerous video web

The rise of Video web stimulates more intuitive video feeling of large people, and makes video downloading becomes a popular trend in web times, meanwhile, more and more downloading problems arises correspondingly, in which the first trouble is slow downloading speed and incomplete downloading. It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelstar
0 Replies

6. Programming

Problems using Perl DBI to edit database entries - basic stuff

Hello. I am taking a Perl class in college and we've briefly covered SQL and moved on. We have a term project and we can do whatever we want. My project will rely strongly on an SQL Database so I am trying to learn as much about Perl DBI as I can to get things up and going. I am basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dave247
1 Replies

7. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU-Screen Stuff problems

OPTIONS="java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar" PROCESS=server01 screen -dmS $PROCESS $OPTIONS nogui # Starting the application screen -x $PROCESS -X stuff `printf "stop\r"` # Closing the application screen -x $PROCESS # Attaching to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zanax
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Downloading and installing (new to Ubuntu OS)

I've done a whole days work of researching how to install a program on ubuntu.. so first I downloaded python.. unpackaged it from .tar.xz now its just python-3.4.2 then I navigated to the dir in terminal.. then ran the ./configure make make test sudo make install commands which took like 10 minutes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marniwild
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Downloading and installing a very old version of gcc

I would like to acquire a very old version of gcc: 4.4.3 and set it up in such a way that I can use the update-alternatives command to switch between my current version and the older version. I believe I may have found a website where I can download 4.4.3 from. However, I am not sure what all I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
6 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)