Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Maya 5.0 Error - There Is No Server On 4444 Post 61141 by locustfurnace on Saturday 29th of January 2005 01:25:05 PM
Old 01-29-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by _eugrus
Any way I tried to find "krb" and there are no files like that
There does not have to be anything on your system called 'krb.' The /etc/services file listed those registered, reserved, and private services which run on assigned ports.
Its just a listing, it does not mean everything in that list will be running on your system.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

2. SCO

server went down again got error now

Hi same as last week i came in this morning and the server could not be pinged etc. but the server was on. I looked in the osmlog file and it had the following: WARNING: (adsb,1) Adaptec PCI SCSI: Illegal Sector Size (00000000) WARNING: (adsb,1) Adaptec PCI SCSI: Illegal Sector Size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjsingh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VSI-FAX error - Cannot login to server and Connecto error to host

I encounters a VSIFAX related error: vfxstat: Cannot login to server on rsac3: Connect error to host 172.16.1.45: Invalid argument It started happening last night with a core dump. Then we can't start VSIFAX again. I am runing VSI-FAX 4.2 on AIX box (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_jin
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Soap Server error

Hi all jobs on a particular autosys box are failing with the below error. Any ideas Start Login Preparing to Submit Job...... Error Submitting Report Again Soap Server error. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophos
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Error while login into the server

Hello, Whenever i login into one of my solaris machine i get below message, Usage: basename ] if: Expression syntax Profile or environment of my user is not properly getting loaded. Can somebody help why this is coming and solution to it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444)

I am unable to get this KSH script to work. Can someone help. I've been told this should work with KSH93. Which I think I have on Solaris 10. If I do a grep -i version /usr/dt/bin/dtksh I get @(#)Version M-12/28/93d @(#)Version 12/28/93 @(#)Version M-12/28/93 This is correct for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Agent Server Error

Hi All, Recently we got swapped IP between two server. Server A IP is xxxx and while Server B IP is yyyy. After swap IP the situation should be like this Server A IP is yyyy while Server B IP is xxxx. We use /etc/hosts to swap the IP an restart the both server at same time. Found abnormal error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies
KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 			       KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC(3)

NAME
krb524_convert_creds_kdc, krb524_convert_creds_kdc_ccache -- converts Kerberos 5 credentials to Kerberos 4 credentials LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
#include <krb5.h> krb5_error_code krb524_convert_creds_kdc(krb5_context context, krb5_creds *in_cred, struct credentials *v4creds); krb5_error_code krb524_convert_creds_kdc_ccache(krb5_context context, krb5_ccache ccache, krb5_creds *in_cred, struct credentials *v4creds); DESCRIPTION
Convert the Kerberos 5 credential to Kerberos 4 credential. This is done by sending them to the 524 service in the KDC. krb524_convert_creds_kdc() converts the Kerberos 5 credential in in_cred to Kerberos 4 credential that is stored in credentials. krb524_convert_creds_kdc_ccache() is different from krb524_convert_creds_kdc() in that way that if in_cred doesn't contain a DES session key, then a new one is fetched from the KDC and stored in the cred cache ccache, and then the KDC is queried to convert the credential. This interfaces are used to make the migration to Kerberos 5 from Kerberos 4 easier. There are few services that still need Kerberos 4, and this is mainly for compatibility for those services. Some services, like AFS, really have Kerberos 5 supports, but still uses the 524 inter- face to make the migration easier. SEE ALSO
krb5(3), krb5.conf(5) HEIMDAL
March 20, 2004 HEIMDAL