Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd -c in a script????
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting useradd -c in a script???? Post 61111 by cdunavent on Friday 28th of January 2005 11:36:42 AM
Old 01-28-2005
That did it. I had tried `$NAME` and '$NAME', but had forgotten to try "$NAME". Thanks for the quick help.

-cd

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd script

I have a txt file with many users and I need to add them and create random passwords. Does any one have a script in pearl possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd script

Ok Im trying too make this shell script create users from my text file, I also want to type in a password for the new users. So thay can make a uniq one themself after first logon. #!/bin/sh # Sebastian schmidt clear echo "*************************************************************"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble making a useradd script

i'm new to scripting in unix and am trying to make a script to add a user and an encrypted password for them. this is what i have and it isn't giving me any errors, but when i try to login with the new user, the password doesn't work. i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patt4179
1 Replies

6. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script for smbldap-useradd/setquota/ldapadd

Hello guys, I am trying to add users to samba/ldap system, set their quota, set them a common password and add auto_home records for the new users User list file is in below format Firstname Lastname Username Command I run to add user is smbldap-useradd -a -m -N $Firstname -S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useradd script

Trying to create a bash script that will read the /etc/passwd file for existing UID's before adding a new user and also does an incremental by allocating the next available UID.And also add the user to the correct group.Please help I am a newbie in scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tshepang
2 Replies