Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup is giving me input/output error Post 61098 by sol8admin on Friday 28th of January 2005 09:14:59 AM
Old 01-28-2005
Hi,

Can you please send me your backup scipt so that i can suggest you any solution.

Regards,
shafi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving input through script

Script 1.ksh ========= /home/adw/a.ksh << ** a b Script 1.ksh is working fine even without ending "**" Script 2.ksh ========= if then /home/adw/a.ksh << ** a b fi But the script 2.ksh is giving error "syntax error : `<<' unmatched". Is it bcoz of fi. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radhika03
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving input to a c++ file

My C++ program creates a nxn matrix with given value. For e.g if the input is 10 it will creates a matrix of 10x10 now what i want is the script should run program and give input values in a variation of 1000. Say first matrix of 1000 then 2000 , 3000 ..... 10000. I tried using for loop but unable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyaim83
2 Replies

3. AIX

v3fshelper: There is an input or output error

Hello, I encountered a never-seen-before error message soon after the extension of a file system on an AIX 5.2: $ sudo chfs -a size=+1G /filesystemtest v3fshelper: /dev/lvfilesystemtest: There is an input or output error. No error reported by errpt, file system correctly extended. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padawan75
2 Replies

4. Solaris

PZ help :configure: error: cannot find output from flex; giving up

While installing amanda server,i got the following error ## checking lex output file root... configure: error: cannot find output from flex; giving up. when i execute # which lex i got /usr/ccs/bin/lex setting the pathg does not work too After this i tried intalling flex in my /opt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullet350
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK command giving wrong input

Hi all, I have a problem with qwk command. i have to check process status and for that i am using command prstat -mvL 1 1 and it gives me the entire output but when i use this command with awk like this: prstat -mvL 1 1 | awk -F" " '{print $1,$15}' to get first and 15th arguments. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standard error output to Pipe input - solved

Hi, I want to check a particular word is in standard error output or not. Can I acheive it in single command? For example, Delete file_name 2>error.log cat error.log Output: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Successfully deleted XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where delete is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove/prevent Input/output error

Hi I have a new hdd installed ,and sometimes if i start a session or ftp download while downloading sometimes it creates a ./filename.type Input/output errorso in that case i can-not overwrite ,rename ,remove ,or place a file with the same name on that dir. How to prevent this and is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain!ac
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving Input in a script

Hi, I am a newbie to scripting. I want to know something..Is there any way that I can do this? Here is the thing.. there are so many printer queues in which i need to change a certain option.. am using the hppi utility and i need to modify the printer configuration individually going to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

giving input without manual intervention

Hi all, I am looking for a specific requirement. I am trying to create a wrapper over a set of shell scripts. Some shell scripts wait for user inputs. These inputs may not be same format. And will be spread across multiple files. In short a set of scripts are going to be run on another set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krk1729
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Input/output error

Hi issue with red hat and san. I had a LUN shared to me from an oracle storage I am able to see it and the size. ~]# multipath -ll mpathe (3600144f0e984617b00005b466bd70014) dm-3 SUN,ZFS Storage 7430 size=10T features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
0 Replies
VGCFGBACKUP(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               VGCFGBACKUP(8)

NAME
vgcfgbackup - backup volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgbackup [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgcfgbackup allows you to backup the metadata of your volume groups. If you don't name any volume groups on the command line, all of them will be backed up. In a default installation, each volume group gets backed up into a separate file bearing the name of the volume group in the directory /etc/lvm/backup. You can write the backup to an alternative file using -f. In this case if you are backing up more than one volume group the filename is treated as a template, and %s gets replaced by the volume group name. NB. This DOESN'T backup user/system data in logical volume(s)! Backup /etc/lvm regularly too. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcfgrestore(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGBACKUP(8)