Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FILE data type
Top Forums Programming FILE data type Post 61071 by milhan on Thursday 27th of January 2005 07:58:52 PM
Old 01-27-2005
thanks for the answer, but when I go in the stdio.h file, there's no such definition. Instead, there's a statement like :

Code:
using std::FILE ;

where is std?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

time_t data type-- what does start +1 mean?

Hi, I am trying to understand an very old C program. .... time_t start, end; ptr = localtime(&start); ... fprintf(out, "%-35s 01 %5s %2s %10d 1 5 /tty/M%d/%02d %24s", buffer3, job, ver, start, mach_num,atoi(buffer), asctime(ptr)); fprintf(out, "%-35s 03 %5s %2s %10d 1 5... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
9 Replies

2. Programming

data type limitation

I am writing some code to do analysis on the file system (HP-UX 11.11). I am using stat(..) to get file information. My problem is that the file-size may exceed the data types defined in 'sys/stat.h' & 'sys/types.h' respectively. Thus file-sizes in the Giga-byte range are not read correctly.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
2 Replies

3. AIX

Value too large to be stored in data type???

Hello, I get this message : "Value too large to be stored in data type" when I try to open a 3Gb file. Can someone helps me to resolve the problem. Thank you very much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: limame
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl data type checking

I am using perl 5.8.0. I need to check some values to see it they are floats. Our system does not have Data::Types so I can't use is_float. Is there something else that I can use? The only thing in Data is Dump.pm. I am not allowed to download anything to our system so I have to use what I have.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check the file data type(ascii or binary)

hi i am receiving a file from one system , i have to verify the format of the file data i.e whether the data is in acii format or binary format, please help thanks in advance satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to load different type of data in a file to two arrays

Hi, I have tried to find some sort of previous similar thread on this but not quite close to what I want to achieve. Basically I have two class of data in my file..e.g 1,1,1,1,1,2,yes 1,2,3,4,5,5,yes 2,3,4,5,5,5,no 1,2,3,4,4,2,no 1,1,3,4,5,2,no I wanted to read the "yes" entry to an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Verify the data type in a file with UNIX function

I am seeking help on this UNIX function, please help. Thanks in advance. I have a large file, named as 'MyFile'. It was tab-delmited, I am told that each record in column 1 is unique. How would I verify this with UNIX function or command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duke0001
1 Replies

8. Programming

help with data type sizes

i'm using a C program and running it on a linux server, i got 2 adressess of 2 variables, and 2 addresses of 2 chars, and compared it. and got the size of a int and the size of a char. why is a size of a int (4 bytes) bigger then the size of a char (1 byte)? also if i do &a-&b i get 1, but if i... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
30 Replies

9. Programming

Incompatible data type fpos_t in C

This is from a program I wrote over in 1998 that I am trying to compile on a linux machine: void write_line (FILE *fp, int rec_no, line_rec *arec) { fpos_t woffset; woffset = (rec_no - 1) * sizeof(line_rec); fsetpos(fp,&woffset); fwrite(arec,sizeof(line_rec),1,fp); }On the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to verify and validate file header and data type

The below bash is a file validation check executed that will verify the correct header count of 10 and the correct data type in each field of the tab-delimited file. The key has the data type of each field in it. My real data has 58 headers in it but only the header and next row need to be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
__gnu_profile::__trace_vector_to_list(3cxx)							       __gnu_profile::__trace_vector_to_list(3cxx)

NAME
__gnu_profile::__trace_vector_to_list - SYNOPSIS
Inherits __gnu_profile::__trace_base< __vector2list_info, __vector2list_stack_info >. Public Member Functions void __add_object (__object_t object, __vector2list_info__info) void __collect_warnings (__warning_vector_t &__warnings) void __destruct (const void *__obj) __vector2list_info * __find (const void *__obj) __vector2list_info * __get_object_info (__object_t __object) void __insert (__object_t __obj, __stack_t __stack) void __invalid_operator (const void *__obj) float __list_cost (std::size_t __shift, std::size_t __iterate, std::size_t __resize) void __opr_find (const void *__obj, std::size_t __size) void __opr_insert (const void *__obj, std::size_t __pos, std::size_t __num) void __opr_iterate (const void *__obj, std::size_t __num) void __resize (const void *__obj, std::size_t __from, std::size_t __to) void __retire_object (__object_t __object) float __vector_cost (std::size_t __shift, std::size_t __iterate, std::size_t __resize) void __write (FILE *__f) Protected Attributes const char * __id Detailed Description Vector-to-list instrumentation producer. Definition at line 158 of file profiler_vector_to_list.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Nov 27 2012 __gnu_profile::__trace_vector_to_list(3cxx)