Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help to ping a host, is it alive or not ... Post 61064 by bhargav on Thursday 27th of January 2005 06:42:28 PM
Old 01-27-2005
Quote:
ping $ipadr
Is above not giving any problem ?
Giving continuously echos ???

If you want to limit number of echos to 5,

do

Code:
echo -c 5 $ipaddr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to ping a host in another domain

Hello I have a server in it.siroe.com I added it.siroe.com in /etc/resolv.conf. I still can't ping the server. any service to restart here? any other file to edit? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host

Hi All, I am using Vmware Workstation 6.0.3 build-80004. Guest OS: Solaris 10 Host OS : Win XP I am getting request time out when i am trying to ping from XP ( cmd line) to Solaris VM - I have assigned IP 192.168.50.5 in Solaris VM ( Hostname: Tower1) and it is in UP status. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

ping can not recognize host but host command can

Hi, I have a weird problem. when ever I do ping command like for example ping unix.comI get the following message: # ping unix.com ping: unknown host unix.com but when I use host the computer is able to know the host. # host unix.com unix.com has address 81.17.242.186 unix.com mail is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

7. Solaris

able to ping all hosts but not able to traceroute any host

i am using solaris 10 and i am able to ping all the hosts but i am not able to traceroute any of them. how to fix this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping Host Until it is up and email

Hi I am trying to write a script which runs until the host is up. i got it figured out that it needs to be in loop till it return $? = 0. Not getting it through though. I am not sure about the 6th line !!! #!/bin/sh HOSTS="host.txt" ping(){ for myhost in "$HOSTS" do ping -c -1 "$myhost"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antergen
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping Response from the host name

Hi All, I have the requirement where am pinging the server and matching the IP address with the existing IP address. Below code is returning me the IP address and my requirement is i have to see that also whether it is pinging or not PING useipapd01 (172.22.32.87) 56(84) bytes of data. 64... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharsour
1 Replies

10. AIX

Ping to remote host failed

Actually. I was getting a ping to remote host failed for one of my etherchannel. When I checked it was in backup adapter and again I use to faileover and brought to primary channel. But it was again going to backup channel and giving me the alert ping to remotehost failed. When I checked the load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
3 Replies
CLOG(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   CLOG(3)

NAME
clog -- complex logarithm function SYNOPSIS
#include <complex.h> double complex clog(double complex z); long double complex clogl(long double complex z); float complex clogf(float complex z); DESCRIPTION
clog(z) returns the complex logarithm of z. clog(conj(z)) = conj(clog(z)), for all complex floating-point numbers z. SPECIAL VALUES
The conjugate symmetry of clog() is used to abbreviate the specification of special values. clog(-0 + 0i) returns -inf + Pi i and raises the divide-by-zero flag. clog(0 + 0i) returns -inf + 0i and raises the divide-by-zero flag. clog(x + inf i) returns inf + Pi/2 i, for finite x. clog(x + NaN i) returns NaN + NaN i. clog(-inf + yi) returns inf + Pi i, for finite positive y. clog(inf + yi) returns inf + 0i, for finite positive y. clog(-inf + inf i) returns inf + 3Pi/4 i. clog(inf + inf i) returns inf + Pi/4 i. clog(+-inf + NaN i) returns inf + NaN i. clog(NaN + yi) returns NaN + NaN i, for finite y. clog(NaN + inf i) returns inf + NaN i. clog(NaN + NaN i) returns NaN + NaN i. NOTES
SEE ALSO
cexp(3) log(3) complex(3) STANDARDS
The clog() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:2011. 4th Berkeley Distribution December 11, 2006 4th Berkeley Distribution