Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ./ Permission Denied.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ./ Permission Denied. Post 61004 by google on Wednesday 26th of January 2005 08:21:23 PM
Old 01-26-2005
Change the permissions on the directory where the file resides.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
nohup(1)						      General Commands Manual							  nohup(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
executes command with hangups and quits ignored. If output is not redirected by the user, both standard output and standard error are sent to If is not writable in the current directory, output is redirected to otherwise, fails. If a file is created, the file's permission bits will be set to If output from is redirected to a terminal, or is not redirected at all, the output is sent to EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
It is frequently desirable to apply to pipelines or lists of commands. This can be done only by placing pipelines and command lists in a single file, called a shell script. To run the script using features apply to the entire contents of file. If the shell script file is to be executed often, the need to type can be eliminated by setting execute permission on file. The script can also be run in the background with interrupts ignored (see sh(1)): file typically contains normal keyboard command sequences that one would want to continue running in case the terminal disconnects, such as: WARNINGS
Be careful to place punctuation properly. For example, in the command form: applies only to command1. To correct the problem, use the command form: Be careful of where standard error is redirected. The following command may put error messages on tape, making it unreadable: whereas puts the error messages into file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: The command specified by command was found but could not be invoked An error occurred in the nohup utility or the specified command could not be found Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of the command specified. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), nice(1), sh(1), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
nohup(1)