Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 JET Build problem.
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 JET Build problem. Post 60960 by SemperFi on Wednesday 26th of January 2005 07:43:46 AM
Old 01-26-2005
Just to inform people in case they come across this problem, I have sorted it out now.

on SunFire v120's when there isn't a cdrom drive, the controller and target numbers are changed, it was this that caused the problem as the jumpstart script was looking for say "c0t1d0", and when there isn't a cdrom drive in a v120 (or that family of machines), the server changes the adressing, say "c0t0d0".

So volume management was trying to mount a cdrom drive on c0t0, when because of the machine being a fudge (my new word for things), there was actually a hard disk in the normal cd controller address lol.

This problem also causes the startup to say "cannot mount route", i think this is as a result of the addressing aswell!!

Think I explained that well... if not SHOUT at me lol

SemperFi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem during build

Hi, When i'm compiling my C files, I'm getting an error saying that the file name i've defined is undeclared. Could someone tell me how to solve this error. I've defined the file name as #define _FILE_CODE_ _XYZ_C_ The error is "_XYZ_C undeclared". Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc-3.4.4 build on solaris 10 failing please help

I am building gcc-3.4.4 on sol-10 and getting the following error. my configure is going well but failing in the build stage *** checking for windres... windres checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no updating cache ./config.cache creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

berkelydb build problem

Hi Im trying to build & instal berkeleydb ( not as root) ...... in path /opt/dev-tools installation was perfect and binaries were created in /opt/dev-tools/bin When i try to execute the binaries ( berkeley_db_svc) it throw me an error /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

problem after server build...

Hi, I have installed HP-UX 11.31 on a rx6600 box. The installation went fine and was completed without any errors. But wheni connect to the server using ssh, it asks for a username, when i enter it, it doesnt prompt for a password: login:username blank-------- All i could see in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sag71155
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference between Solaris jump start and jet build server

Hello Guruz, Correct me if I am wrong. What is difference between Solaris jump start and jet build server. Any sun doc how the jump start setup works. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bullz26
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to build an install server for Solaris 8?

I need to boot again a server with solaris 8 because I have a problem with the file path_to_install and I have not a CD/DVD driver. So I'd like to build an install server for executing a boot by network. Could I use a server with solaris 10? Many thanks for your suggests Best Regards at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ardgiu70
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Oracle Jet - LP: 10. Lesson 1: Oracle JET 4.x - Lesson 1 - Part 4: Data Binding

Working on LP: 10. Lesson 1: Oracle JET 4.x - Lesson 1 - Part 4: Data Binding in this Oracle JET online course - Soar higher with Oracle JavaScript Extension Toolkit (JET), I have created this code for incidents.js I cannot get the load average data in this Oracle JET test to update the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Oracle JET 4.x - Lesson 1 - Part 9: Oracle JET Cookbook (Gauges and Ints)

Working on: 10. Lesson 1: Oracle JET 4.x - Lesson 1 - Part 9: Oracle JET Cookbook (which I highly recommend) and using the server loadavg code I wrote and have been adding gauges. All is great so far, and I'm loving JET, but have ran into an issue. Here is the loadavg.js code: /** ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
SDL_CDOpen(3)							 SDL API Reference						     SDL_CDOpen(3)

NAME
SDL_CDOpen - Opens a CD-ROM drive for access. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" SDL_CD *SDL_CDOpen(int drive); DESCRIPTION
Opens a CD-ROM drive for access. It returns a SDL_CD structure on success, or NULL if the drive was invalid or busy. This newly opened CD- ROM becomes the default CD used when other CD functions are passed a NULL CD-ROM handle. Drives are numbered starting with 0. Drive 0 is the system default CD-ROM. EXAMPLES
SDL_CD *cdrom; int cur_track; int min, sec, frame; SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_CDROM); atexit(SDL_Quit); /* Check for CD drives */ if(!SDL_CDNumDrives()){ /* None found */ fprintf(stderr, "No CDROM devices available "); exit(-1); } /* Open the default drive */ cdrom=SDL_CDOpen(0); /* Did if open? Check if cdrom is NULL */ if(!cdrom){ fprintf(stderr, "Couldn't open drive: %s ", SDL_GetError()); exit(-1); } /* Print Volume info */ printf("Name: %s ", SDL_CDName(0)); printf("Tracks: %d ", cdrom->numtracks); for(cur_track=0;cur_track < cdrom->numtracks; cur_track++){ FRAMES_TO_MSF(cdrom->track[cur_track].length, &min, &sec, &frame); printf(" Track %d: Length %d:%d ", cur_track, min, sec); } SDL_CDClose(cdrom); SEE ALSO
SDL_CD, SDL_CDtrack, SDL_CDClose SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_CDOpen(3)