Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X Windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers X Windows Post 6081 by DPAI on Wednesday 29th of August 2001 02:09:21 PM
Old 08-29-2001
finger $LOGNAME | grep from | awk '{print $9}' | tail -1

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
fprintd(1)																fprintd(1)

NAME
fprintd - Fingerprint management daemon, and test applications SYNOPSYS
fprintd-enroll [username] fprintd-list username [usernames...] fprintd-verify [-f finger] [usename] fprintd-delete username [usernames...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the fprintd command-line utilities. The fprintd daemon is accessed through D-Bus by those command-line utilities. ARGUMENTS
username The username for the user for which you want to query or modify the fingerprint database. Not that fprintd-list and fprintd-delete require at least one username to be passed, and support multiple usernames. fprintd-enroll and fprintd-verify will use the current username if none are passed on the command-line. -f finger For fprintd-enroll, the finger to enroll. Possible values are: left-thumb, left-index-finger, left-middle-finger, left-ring-finger, left-little-finger, right-thumb, right-index-finger, right- middle-finger, right-ring-finger, right-little-finger. The default is automatic, selecting the first available finger for swipe devices, or all the enrolled fingers, for press devices. TEST APPLICATIONS
fprintd-enroll Will enroll the user's right index finger into the database. fprintd-list Will list the user's enrolled fingerprints. fprintd-verify Will enroll the user's right index finger into the database. fprintd-enroll Will enroll the user's right index finger into the database. AUTHOR
fprintd was written by Bastien Nocera and Daniel Drake. DIRECTORIES
By default, fprintd stores the fingerprints in /var/lib/fprint/ SEE ALSO
dbus-daemon, gnome-about-me freedesktop 2010-08-16 fprintd(1)