Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris vs Linux Security
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Solaris vs Linux Security Post 60800 by Perderabo on Friday 21st of January 2005 10:47:13 PM
Old 01-21-2005
I don't know exactly what that author had in mind. He doesn't explain himself very well. But the EMT64T has a MMU that can set a no execute bit on a memory segment. And if the hardware can do that, Solaris can disable execution from the stack. That stops a lot of attacks. But again, I'm not sure what the author had in mind.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Linux Security help..! Thanks

I am newer to Linux/Unix/RedHat etc... I run a Linux root server with some 55 domain names, about 3 months ago the server was exploited. I need some good advice as far as Firewell's go and getting everything up and running. It was a pain in my *** and cost a lot of time and money.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denveraccess
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux security

Hi all. I'm so new to Linux I don't even know where to start. I'm running sles 9 and I've had it up for 2 days now. I'd like to start with information on how to secure my server. I want to use it for hosting my personal web site and email eventually. Does anyone know of a good site that will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jreid08
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 security

Hi all, I have some questions for you about Solaris 9 security (if you also know the answers for Red Hat enterprise linux 3 et HP UX 11i, this would help too). I have already found many documents about general UNIX security, but some points are still obscure. Please take time to try to help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaclof
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unix/Solaris security?

Hello Admins, I just have a curious question on unix passwords... As unix passwords are encrypted, so any hacker can took those passwds from etc/shadow and decrypt them using any algorithms....and using decryption, he can get the passwd and easily get into the system..... so how can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Module::Author(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			     CPANPLUS::Module::Author(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Module::Author - CPAN author object for CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
my $author = CPANPLUS::Module::Author->new( author => 'Jack Ashton', cpanid => 'JACKASH', _id => INTERNALS_OBJECT_ID, ); $author->cpanid; $author->author; $author->email; @dists = $author->distributions; @mods = $author->modules; @accessors = CPANPLUS::Module::Author->accessors; DESCRIPTION
"CPANPLUS::Module::Author" creates objects from the information in the source files. These can then be used to query on. These objects should only be created internally. For "fake" objects, there's the "CPANPLUS::Module::Author::Fake" class. ACCESSORS
An objects of this class has the following accessors: author Name of the author. cpanid The CPAN id of the author. email The email address of the author, which defaults to '' if not provided. parent The "CPANPLUS::Internals::Object" that spawned this module object. METHODS
$auth = CPANPLUS::Module::Author->new( author => AUTHOR_NAME, cpanid => CPAN_ID, _id => INTERNALS_ID [, email => AUTHOR_EMAIL] ) This method returns a "CPANPLUS::Module::Author" object, based on the given parameters. Returns false on failure. @mod_objs = $auth->modules() Return a list of module objects this author has released. @dists = $auth->distributions() Returns a list of module objects representing all the distributions this author has released. CLASS METHODS
accessors () Returns a list of all accessor methods to the object perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Module::Author(3pm)