Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fluxbox
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers fluxbox Post 60665 by RTM on Thursday 20th of January 2005 08:29:01 AM
Old 01-20-2005
It may be that no one uses fluxbox.

According to the documentation:
Example 5-1. A Fluxbox keysfile

Mod1 Tab :NextWindow
Mod1 F1 :Workspace 1
Mod1 F2 :Workspace 2
Mod1 F3 :Workspace 3
Mod1 F4 :Workspace 4
Control n Mod1 n :NextTab

So, as you can see, First there is a modifier, then a key (then a modifier and key again if you wish to have a longer sequence) and finally a colon with an action.

I don't see where you are putting the final colon with an action. For more on this - try fluxbox docs

And please, Read the Rules

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

FluxBox: Can't add to menu

Have problem with the menu in FluxBox on SlackWare 13.1 on my desktop. I simply can't add things to the menu, on my Laptop I do as follows: Open a terminal, type emacs ~/.fluxbox/menu Then I add or remove the things I want to add or remove. But on my desktop I can remove things, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: looop
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless connection with fluxbox via commands

Hi, By default I use all gnome stuff (gdm+metacity+...) and my connection works well. I wanted to try fluxbox. So I've just changed my window manger. And under fluxbox, wireless isn't managed automatically like with gnome. So I tried to set it up manually ... but I can't make my wireless... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies
FBAUTOSTART(1)							fbautostart Manual						    FBAUTOSTART(1)

NAME
fbautostart - Autostart all XDG applications SYNOPSIS
fbautostart [options] DESCRIPTION
fbautostart(1) is an XDG complaint startup tool. This will go through the directories set up by the spec, and start all applications that match it's current identifier. You may change that identifier with the FBXDG_DE env var. This tool has almost no library dependencies and was written to be smart about that sort of stuff. There is a greater then average chance that you will find a bug, since it is a from-scratch implementation of the .desktop spec. Pleas report bugs. Please. FILES
~/.config/autostart This folder contains the default user XDG dot-desktop files that will be run ( unless it's overridden by an ENV variable ) /etc/xdg This folder contains the default system XDG dot-desktop files that will be run ( unless it's overridden by an ENV variable ) OPTIONS
Sadly, there are no flags in this particular release. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
XDG_CONFIG_HOME The XDG root directory for the user's startup files, which may override the global startup files. XDG_CONFIG_DIRS The root XDG directory, where global XDG files are maintained. FBXDG_DE Development environment that we should act upon. This defaults to "FLUXBOX", since this is a fluxbox project, after all. Please note this is case sensitive. FBXDG_EXEC This dictates if we should execute the application that we've been told to or not. This is particularly useful for debugging the app. HOME The location of one's home directory, such that ~/ will be expanded to /home/user/ EXAMPLE
fbautostart AUTHORS
Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com[1]> for fbautostart 2.718281 SEE ALSO
fluxbox(1) AUTHOR
Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com> Author. NOTES
1. paultag@ubuntu.com mailto:paultag@ubuntu.com fbautostart.txt 7th September 2011 FBAUTOSTART(1)