Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fluxbox
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers fluxbox Post 60665 by RTM on Thursday 20th of January 2005 08:29:01 AM
Old 01-20-2005
It may be that no one uses fluxbox.

According to the documentation:
Example 5-1. A Fluxbox keysfile

Mod1 Tab :NextWindow
Mod1 F1 :Workspace 1
Mod1 F2 :Workspace 2
Mod1 F3 :Workspace 3
Mod1 F4 :Workspace 4
Control n Mod1 n :NextTab

So, as you can see, First there is a modifier, then a key (then a modifier and key again if you wish to have a longer sequence) and finally a colon with an action.

I don't see where you are putting the final colon with an action. For more on this - try fluxbox docs

And please, Read the Rules

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

FluxBox: Can't add to menu

Have problem with the menu in FluxBox on SlackWare 13.1 on my desktop. I simply can't add things to the menu, on my Laptop I do as follows: Open a terminal, type emacs ~/.fluxbox/menu Then I add or remove the things I want to add or remove. But on my desktop I can remove things, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: looop
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless connection with fluxbox via commands

Hi, By default I use all gnome stuff (gdm+metacity+...) and my connection works well. I wanted to try fluxbox. So I've just changed my window manger. And under fluxbox, wireless isn't managed automatically like with gnome. So I tried to set it up manually ... but I can't make my wireless... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies
AWSETBG(1)																AWSETBG(1)

NAME
awsetbg - awesome wrapper tool to set background SYNOPSIS
awsetbg [-fctaFCTA wallpaper] [-uU wallpapersetter] [-m #] [-bB fbsetrootoptions ...] [-rR path] [-l] DESCRIPTION
awsetbg is a wrapper that tries to find a suitable background setting application and then tries to set the wallpaper using that application. You do not have to configure awsetbg, since it just uses the first application it finds. Furthermore, it remembers the last wallpaper set, so you do not have to edit anything to change the wallpaper. OPTIONS
-f file Set fullscreen wallpaper. -c file Set centered wallpaper. -t file Set tiled wallpaper. -a file Set maximized wallpaper, preserving the aspect ratio. If the application chosen does not support this option, fullscreen is used as fall back. -u wallpapersetter Use the specified wallpaper setter tool. -r directory Set a random wallpaper from this directory. -F, -C, -T, -A, -U, -R Same as the lowercase options, but without remembering. -l Set the previous wallpaper. If the random feature was the last used, it will set another random wallpaper from this same directory. -i Display useful information about the best application to set the wallpaper found. -m # Use montage to create a big image (image should fit screen size). Requires montage(1). # is the number of screens (columns in montage). -p Display useful tips. -h Display help message. FILES
$XDG_CACHE_HOME/awesome/lastwallpaper or $HOME/.cache/awesome/lastwallpaper files contains the last wallpaper set to use with the -l option. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
wpsetters Wallpaper setters to use. DISPLAY Display you want to set the wallpaper on. SEE ALSO
awesome(1) AUTHORS
Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info[1]> and others. awsetbg is derived from fbsetbg which was written by Han Boetes <han@fluxbox.org[2]>. WWW
http://awesome.naquadah.org NOTES
1. julien@danjou.info mailto:julien@danjou.info 2. han@fluxbox.org mailto:han@fluxbox.org 07/16/2012 AWSETBG(1)