Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: counting the number of lines
Operating Systems Linux counting the number of lines Post 60616 by Perderabo on Wednesday 19th of January 2005 11:37:16 AM
Old 01-19-2005
How about:
sed '1,/Name/d' datafile | wc -l

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting The Number Of Duplicate Lines In a File

Hello. First time poster here. I have a huge file of IP numbers. I am trying to output only the class b of the IPs and rank them by most common and output the total # of duplicate class b's before the class b. An example is below: 12.107.1.1 12.107.9.54 12.108.3.89 12.109.109.4 12.109.6.3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchtime
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting number of occurences

Hi All, I have to count the number of occurences of the character " ; " in a given line. I had used the following awk command to achieve the same echo $KOP.dat|awk '{split($1,my,";"); for(i in my)c++ }END{print c-1}' My file KOP.dat had the following data ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Counting number of similar lines

Hi All I have the input file OMAK_11. OMAK 000002EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000002EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000002EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000003EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000003EXCLUDE 1341 OMAK 000003EXCLUDE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the number of lines - again

Hi all, I use bash shell and I have a problem with wc. I would like to determine the number of lines in a file so I do wc -l filename but I don't want to get the filename again I just would like to have the number of lines and use it in a variable. Can anybody help? Thank you, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the number of occurences

say i've got a text file with >10million sequences: ssss ssss tttttt uuuuuu uuuuuu uuuuuu ... I'd like to convert the file so that the output will report the number of occurence right by each sequence: 2 ssss 2 ssss 1 tttttt 3 uuuuuu 3 uuuuuu 3 uuuuuu .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johjoh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of sentence

Hi all I want to count total numbers of sentences separated by fullstop (.) in different files under a directory at one go. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the number of characters

Hi all, Can someone help me in getting the following o/p I/p:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sed and counting number of lines processed

/bin/sed -n ';4757335,$ p' | wc -l /bin/sed -n ';4757335,$ p' | egrep "Failed" | egrep -c "PM late arrrival" how can i combine the above two sed commands into one? i want to count the number of lines between the specified line number and the end of the file. AND and i want to count how many... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Counting The Number of Lines Between Values with Multiple Variables

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of lines with values in field 4 that I am interested in. If these values are between 1 and 3 I want it to count all these values to all be counted together and then have the computer print out LOW and the number of lines with those values in between 1 and 3,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VagabondGold
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Counting values less than a number

So I have several files (35000, to be exact) in the format rmsd_protein_*.dat each with 2 columns and 35000 rows. I would like to count how many values in the second column are less than 3 for each file, and output it into a new file so that it ultimately appears as: 1 14057 2 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexandryne
12 Replies
Xmark(1)						      General Commands Manual							  Xmark(1)

NAME
Xmark - summarize x11perf results SYNTAX
Xmark datafile DESCRIPTION
Xmark is a shell script that reads the indicated datafile and compiles a benchmark which it writes to standard output. It writes three numbers: A weighted performance number for the x11perf results. A weighted performance number for a standard SparcStation 1, with SunOS 4.1.2, X11R5 Xsun, and a CG3 dumb Color Frame Buffer. The Xmark, which is the ratio of the two numbers above. The datafile must be an ordinary file, produced by x11perf in the following way: x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXcopy GXxor -all > datafile It is possible to run the GXcopy and GXxor tests separately, as long as they are concatenated to the same output file: x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXcopy -all > datafile x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXxor -all >> datafile or x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXxor -all > datafile x11perf -display display -v1.3 -rop GXcopy -all >> datafile FILES
temp.$$ Temporary file created in the current directory, deleted after use. DIAGNOSTICS
Usage: Xmark datafile Xmark was invoked without arguments or with more than one argument, or with options. Xmark takes no options. Error: data file does not exist or is not ordinary. Xmark cannot find the datafile named on its command line, or the datafile is a special file such as a directory. WARNING: datafile contains nnn, not 441 or 447 'trep' results; The file named on the command line does not seem to be a file generated by x11perf in the expected way. Diagnostic: ERROR: sum of weights =nnn, not equal to 4566.0; There is an internal error in Xmark. SEE ALSO
X(7), x11perf(1), x11perfcomp(1) X Version 11 x11perf 1.5 Xmark(1)