Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris after patch, telnet not working Post 60466 by antalexi on Monday 17th of January 2005 05:29:43 PM
Old 01-17-2005
Forgot to say that you are right, RTM, in that telnet never worked from apples. apples is a gateway for access to another company's domain (we do sub-contract work and need access to their data). Any of our workstations can get to apples, but apples cannot get to our domain.

Thanks again... :-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP/TELNET on linux, not working

I'm trying to ftp to my linux box from windows and from unix and its not working. I can telnet just fine, but ftp doesn't work. Where should I start looking? What config file is it that controls the ftp? Why does telnet work and ftp not? I'm using redhat 6.1, samba's working for browsing the... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
33 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet login patch

Hello Everybody: I want to make a patch that telnet me directly to a specific IP with the specidied username and password. I tried the following : ------------------------------------------ telnet 10.11.161.10 user pass ---------------------------------------------------- but didnt log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet is not working properly

telnet at my system is behaving stange. Some times I am able to telnet to other machines but sometimes it stop doing that. Then i have to reboot the machine and most of the time (not 100%) it works. SImilar is the case with SSH. Sometime it works , some time it don't. i am new to Unix and I do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepak_pathania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

10 Recommended Patch Not Working

Hello, The 10_Recommended update failed on 3 of 191, which was patch 119254-73 (the 1st 2 patches were skipped). I looked up the patch on Sunsolve (http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-119254), which stated that 121133-02 was a required patch for 119254-73. I did a "showrev... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
7 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ANT: Telnet is not working

I am trying the below ANT telnet task: <telnet userid="appldev" password="techm123" server="${BT_Server}"> <read>/u01/appldev/devappl/po/11.5.0/reports</read> <!--write>cd /u01/appldev/devappl/po/11.5.0/reports/</write--> <write>ls</write> <read... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
0 Replies

8. Solaris

telnet and ssh not working .... but it pinging in Solaris 8

hi Everyone telnet and ssh not working in Solaris 8 .... but it pinging.... i also checked /etc/services /etc/inet/inetd.conf ps -ef | grep telnet ans default router ... everythinking is ok .... when i connect telnet then suddently closed ... and ssh is connection refused ... help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)