Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows Services for UNIX
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows Services for UNIX Post 60392 by zazzybob on Sunday 16th of January 2005 04:22:50 PM
Old 01-16-2005
I used SFU for a long while, before switching to cygwin for day-to-day scripting work - although SFU is superior if you're managing/masquerading NFS shares via Windows servers.

Cheers
ZB

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Services On Unix

Greetings All, Telnet has stopped working on one of my servers and I need to restart it. But I don't know the command for it in UNIX. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmasters
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Services for Unix

I just installed Services for Unix on a Windows 2003 DC. I have a Debian box with Samba shares for our storage drive. I'm trying to test a Linux client. She is unable to read or write from the Samba shares. Her login is being mapped to the same name from NIS to AD. She can login from a windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawningtech
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unix services for windows & Linux\Red Hat

I am not too familiar with linux, so please keep that in mind while reading this post. We have a few linux servers joined to the domain, and linux services for windows running. I have a user that can connect to one linux server, but not another. I ran the cat /etc/passwrd and noticed the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcatcha
0 Replies
PBS(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    PBS(8)

NAME
pbs -- general helper tool SYNOPSIS
pbs [-debug] [-dump_pboard] [-dump_userdefs] [-flush_pboard] [-flush_userdefs] [-existing_languages] language1 language2 ... DESCRIPTION
pbs is an agent for the Services menu. It scans for and vends available Services, to populate the Services menu. pbs is NOT related to the pasteboard. The pasteboard is managed by the pboard agent. pbs normally runs the first time Services are needed in any login session. You may run it manually for debugging Services. If run without any options, pbs will scan for changed Services, cache them along with their English localization on a private pasteboard, and immediately update the Services menu in all running apps. It will also log about any invalid Services declarations in Info.plist. This is useful when developing or testing Services, because it immediately applies any changes. ServicesMenu.strings files for a localization are loaded only when an app running under that localization shows the Services menu. You may pass pbs language codes (e.g. "fr") to cause it to load that localization immediately. You may also pass the flag -existing_languages to reload already loaded localizations. pbs has additional options that are useful for debugging, in particular the -dump_pboard option. The complete list of options is: -debug Output debugging information regarding what pbs is doing. -dump_pboard Prints the private pasteboard containing the current Services information. You can use this to determine which apps are providing Ser- vices and where they are located on the filesystem. -dump_userdefs Prints the userdef cache of Services information. pbs caches Services information in its userdefs to avoid scanning the entire system every boot. Changed apps are still detected via FSEvents, so there is no need to flush the userdef cache when installing a new Service. -flush_pboard Erases the private pasteboard containing Services information. The next time the Services menu is shown, pbs will scan for changed Ser- vices and update the pasteboard. -flush_userdefs Erases the userdef cache. -flush Equivalent to -flush_pboard and -flush_userdefs, entirely resetting pbs. The next time Services information is needed, pbs will do a com- plete rescan for apps vending Services, and read their plist. Note: this rescan may be very expensive! HISTORY
First appeared in NextStep. pbs has historically had responsibilities that ranged from pasteboard management to Unicode glyph generation, but now it only does Services. Mac OS X June 1, 2006 Mac OS X