Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compile rpm-4.0 source
Top Forums Programming compile rpm-4.0 source Post 6036 by eddie on Tuesday 28th of August 2001 05:59:07 PM
Old 08-28-2001
I tried it.
run ./confugure seems OK, but installation still failed. I know that I need to install other updated packages wanted by rpm-4.0.x after I read file INSTALL very carefully. Thank you, LivinFree.
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

error trying to compile a c++ source file

i tried to compile a c++ file using the g++ command: g++ <filename>.cpp -out <output_file> and i received the following error message: ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: relocation error: file gcc: symbol bindtextdomain: referenced symbol not found Killed is it that i am using incorrectly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
1 Replies

2. Linux

Source Of Rpm's

Hi every one...i am new to linux and have a problem with rpm's. Do we have any facility to chk out the source code of rpm's.If yes plz specify the location so that i can explore a few... secondly can i know where we can get the source code of standard shell commands like sleep,ls,top....etc.I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandilya
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does anybody know Kernel-2.4.33 source rpm URL??

Hi Everybody, I want to download the kernel-2.4.33 source rpm.Does anybody know from where should i download?? As in kernel.org there are .gz or .bz2 versions of kernel packages are available. Any help is welcome. Thanks, Sriram (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
2 Replies

4. Linux

Converting source rpm to binary rpm

Hi, I need to install an rpm file,but I only have '.src.rpm' version of it. I want to convert it to a binary rpm. so I tried this rpm --rebuild somethin.src.rpm But I am gettin '--rebuild:Invalid option' as output Is there another way to rebuild source rpm.? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Source RPM issue

Hi, I have created one soruce rpm by using some help file on net. when i installed the rpm with command "rpm -i xxx.rpm", by default it got installed under "/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/. I want to install these source file under /application/myapps/. Also i want some guidence to improve the source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshatbuzz
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Error when compile source code

Hello,I'm trying to compile source code for Nmap. My $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/css/bin I type ./configure and all goes great.When I type ./make or ./make it says make not found.Why?I need a correct path for make?Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

10. Programming

Compile and debug Vim source code

Hi, I want to debug Vim source code with GDB but I can't get it. It seems to run without debugger. Here is my try. I have supressed output of most commands. Tell me if you need them. $ uname -mor 2.6.37-ARCH i686 GNU/Linux $ mkdir ~/birei && cd ~/birei $ wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: birei
2 Replies
setup.types(5)						      Easy Software Products						    setup.types(5)

NAME
setup.types - epm gui setup types file format. DESCRIPTION
The EPM setup program normally presents the user with a list of software products to install, which is called a "custom" software installa- tion. If a file called setup.types is present in the package directory, the user will instead be presented with a list of installation types. Each type has an associated product list which determines the products that are installed by default. If a type has no products associated with it, then it is treated as a custom installation and the user is presented with a list of packages to choose from. FILE FORMAT
The setup.types file is an ASCII text file consisting of type and product lines. Comments can be inserted by starting a line with the pound sign (#). Each installation type is defined by a line starting with the word TYPE. Products are defined by a line starting with the word INSTALL: TYPE Typical End-User Configuration INSTALL foo INSTALL foo-help TYPE Typical Developer Configuration INSTALL foo INSTALL foo-help INSTALL foo-devel INSTALL foo-examples TYPE Custom Configuration In the example above, three installation types are defined. Since the last type includes no products, the user will be presented with the full list of products to choose from. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages setup(1) - graphical setup program for the esp package manager COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup.types(5)