Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion Post 60220 by RTM on Thursday 13th of January 2005 07:35:41 AM
Old 01-13-2005
FYI
There used to be a way to change/edit avatars under USERCP - Edit Options.
Now there is a Edit avatars but this doesn't seem to let you do anything if you don't already have a avatar.

Also, I noticed the options for which style has changed (since last night). Now it's down to 3 choices.

[On validation queue --- validated by Perderabo]

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill script discussion

Does anybody got an idea to write a script to kill a long list of processes automatic? I got try this: ps -ef | grep 'my_name' After that, I used the "kill -9 PID". It seems like quite inefficient if I got a long list of processes need to terminate or kill it :( Thanks a lot for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
VIPW(8) 						    System Management Commands							   VIPW(8)

NAME
vipw, vigr - edit the password, group, shadow-password or shadow-group file SYNOPSIS
vipw [options] vigr [options] DESCRIPTION
The vipw and vigr commands edits the files /etc/passwd and /etc/group, respectively. With the -s flag, they will edit the shadow versions of those files, /etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow, respectively. The programs will set the appropriate locks to prevent file corruption. When looking for an editor, the programs will first try the environment variable $VISUAL, then the environment variable $EDITOR, and finally the default editor, vi(1). OPTIONS
The options which apply to the vipw and vigr commands are: -g, --group Edit group database. -h, --help Display help message and exit. -p, --passwd Edit passwd database. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. -s, --shadow Edit shadow or gshadow database. ENVIRONMENT
VISUAL Editor to be used. EDITOR Editor to be used if VISUAL is not set. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. /etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shadow Secure user account information. SEE ALSO
vi(1), group(5), gshadow(5) , passwd(5), , shadow(5). System Management Commands 06/24/2011 VIPW(8)