Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion Post 60204 by Neo on Wednesday 12th of January 2005 11:42:28 PM
Old 01-13-2005
Perderabo,

I cut and pasted the rules into the new FAQ section. I'll make a link to the main FAQ forum as well. (Done)

https://www.unix.com/faq.php

Neo

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill script discussion

Does anybody got an idea to write a script to kill a long list of processes automatic? I got try this: ps -ef | grep 'my_name' After that, I used the "kill -9 PID". It seems like quite inefficient if I got a long list of processes need to terminate or kill it :( Thanks a lot for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
Jifty::Upgrade(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Jifty::Upgrade(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Upgrade - Superclass for schema/data upgrades to Jifty applications SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Upgrade; use base qw/ Jifty::Upgrade /; use Jifty::Upgrade qw/ since rename /; since '0.7.4' => sub { # Rename a column rename table => 'cthulus', name => 'description', to => 'mind_numbingly_horrible_word_picture'; }; since '0.6.1' => sub { my @sizes = ('Huge', 'Gigantic', 'Monstrous', 'Really Big'); my @appearances = ('Horrible', 'Disgusting', 'Frightening', 'Evil'); # populate new columns with some random stuff my $cthulus = MyApp::Model::CthuluCollection->new; while (my $cthulu = $cthulus->next) { $cthulu->set_size($sizes[ int(rand(@sizes)) ]); $cthulu->set_appearance($appearances[ int(rand(@appearances)) ]); } }; DESCRIPTION
"Jifty::Upgrade" is an abstract base class to use to customize schema and data upgrades that happen. since VERSION SUB "since" is meant to be called by subclasses of "Jifty::Upgrade". Calling it signifies that SUB should be run when upgrading to version VERSION, after tables and columns are added, but before tables and columns are removed. If multiple subroutines are given for the same version, they are run in order that they were set up. versions Returns the list of versions that have been registered; this is called by the Jifty::Script::Schema tool to determine what to do while upgrading. upgrade_to VERSION Runs the subroutine that has been registered for the given version; if no subroutine was registered, returns a no-op subroutine. rename table => CLASS, [column => COLUMN,] to => NAME Used in upgrade subroutines, this executes the necessary SQL to rename the table, or column in the table, to a new name. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Manual::Upgrading perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Upgrade(3pm)