Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements IBM Releases 500 Software Patents Post 60194 by locustfurnace on Wednesday 12th of January 2005 07:51:07 PM
Old 01-12-2005
Who are we supposed to then feel sorry for? The IRS- for lost "revenues," or for the Big Company's?
Personally, I feel if the Big Company's do this for tax relief, thats great news for them. They spent the money developing the patents, the IRS did none except stick out their palms demanding people cough up money.

IBM has some 40k patents, them kicking out a mere 500, whether or not it will advance open source may be a good thing. IBM has been a strong supporter of LINUX development for sometime. It has definitely helped attract more eyeballs.

Big Blue, not the company it once was, still has set a strong historic mark on computing. They could be much more of a M$ than M$, if they had not released the PC architecture. Without IBM doing what they had, M$ would not be where they are today, since M$ only develops software.

Had Apple followed IBM, they may have gained a much stronger footing then they have today.

I wonder if the releasing of patents is a rub to SCO.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to find old software on IBM

Hi All, im trying to find some older versions of software due to a problem that i'm having after upgrading. namely. devices.sdd.43.rte ibm2105.rte version 32.6.100.18 devices.fcp.disk.ibm2105.rte version 32.6.100.18 devices.scsi.disk.ibm2105.rte version 32.6.100.18 Anyone any ideas... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring software on IBM AIX

Hi, I am looking for monitoring software like Zabbix, to run it on AIX server. I have many problems with Zabbix and MySQL installation on AIX. I dont have IBM XL C/C++ compiler. Has anyone know similar solution like Zabbix that works on IBM AIX? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackbz
11 Replies
PS_ADD_PDFLINK(3)							 1							 PS_ADD_PDFLINK(3)

ps_add_pdflink - Adds link to a page in a second pdf document

SYNOPSIS
bool ps_add_pdflink (resource $psdoc, float $llx, float $lly, float $urx, float $ury, string $filename, int $page, string $dest) DESCRIPTION
Places a hyperlink at the given position pointing to a second pdf document. Clicking on the link will branch to the document at the given page. The first page in a document has number 1. The hyperlink's source position is a rectangle with its lower left corner at ($llx, $lly) and its upper right corner at ($urx, $ury). The rectangle has by default a thin blue border. The note will not be visible if the document is printed or viewed but it will show up if the document is converted to pdf by either Acrobat Distillertm or Ghostview. PARAMETERS
o $psdoc - Resource identifier of the postscript file as returned by ps_new(3). o $llx - The x-coordinate of the lower left corner. o $lly - The y-coordinate of the lower left corner. o $urx - The x-coordinate of the upper right corner. o $ury - The y-coordinate of the upper right corner. o $filename - The name of the pdf document to be opened when clicking on this link. o $page - The page number of the destination pdf document o $dest - The parameter $dest determines how the document is being viewed. It can be fitpage, fitwidth, fitheight, or fitbbox. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. SEE ALSO
ps_add_launchlink(3), ps_add_locallink(3), ps_add_weblink(3). PHP Documentation Group PS_ADD_PDFLINK(3)