Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The trouble with...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The trouble with... Post 60190 by google on Wednesday 12th of January 2005 04:56:02 PM
Old 01-12-2005
Zazzybob - Remember to post back! I would like to know what they said. I have a friend here in atlanta that went through the same type of issue. He dropped the hosting company after a couple of annoying support calls....he never made any progress with them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

trouble

Hello, The system reboots in single user mode what command to use to bring the system up regularly?? I get INIT: cannot create /var/adm/utmpx Type control -d to proceede with a normal startup or give root passwd for system maintaince. either way i don't have a change and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The trouble about SU ...

Hi all, having read lots of posts about SU I don't quiet understand this : I'm doing regular backups of my database (u betta do) and therefore use su - username -c "sqlscript special data_base" in a unixscript which is even using cron. (yep!) Now I need some other script, still with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
4 Replies

3. AIX

license trouble

Hi, we currently use a valisys licence : it is based on a server (serv1) it is reached only by one workstation (cam1) In all licence files there is line with cam1 et serv1 We want to use cam22 (new workstation) instead of cam1 I made a copy the licences files with remplacing cam1 by cam22... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmanager
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Trouble with tr

I'm not sure where to post this but it's happening on a SunOS 5.8 server so I'll try here. I've discovered some unexpected behavior when using tr. For example: echo a | tr Z echo b | tr a echo a | tr B echo a | tr B echo a | tr A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike@Work
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with Backslashes

Hi folks, there are windows device names in the sixth column of a comma separated file. A example device name is: \\.\Tape0 I don't get the all string in to a variable, because of the preceding backslash. The first backslash is just cut off and my attempts to manipulate the string afterward... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibo1
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble mounting

What is the possible cause for the mount command to take ages? im trying to mount remotely : "mount -t nfs xx.x.x.x:/export/xyz/cdrom-4.0 /mnt/cdrom" on a system using bash. Im able to ping the remote server, but the system hangs or takes about half an hour to carry out this mount command.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahilb
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X trouble

Hi there, I'm new to unix-environments. I'm richard, and i'm mostly a web-developer, under php. I've done work in unix env before, but never had my own. Today, I've got debian 3.1 r4 from the official site, and i've attempted to install it twice. I installed it initially as "Desktop... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izua
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble with awk

I am trying to figure awk. I have a file in my home directory called testawk.sh, have made it executable, and have run it... But don't see any output. This is the contents of the file: #!/usr/bin/awk -f { print " - HI -" }I enter ./testawk.sh in the prompt, press enter, and watch as the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewden
2 Replies

9. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

gnuplot trouble

I am having a bit of trouble plotting a histogram in gnuplot. I am trying to use it to draw bars side by side. The first bar is from column five in my data file. The second bar is actually three bars stacked on top of each other and should be as tall as the first bar. The data is from the 2nd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingnothing
0 Replies
NoCeM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						NoCeM(3pm)

NAME
News::Article::NoCeM - a module to generate accurate nocem notices SYNOPSIS
use News::Article::NoCeM; my $nocem = new News::Article::NoCeM(); $nocem->hide($type, $spam); $nocem->make_notice($type, $name, $issuer, $group, $prefix); $nocem->sign($keyid, $passphrase); $nocem->issue($conn, $ihave); DESCRIPTION
Creates a nocem notice on the Usenet articles, which may be posted normally to hide the messages. USAGE
use News::Article::NoCeM; News::Article::NoCeM is class that inherits News::Article and adds four new functions: hide(), make_notice(), sign() and issue(), redefine to disable two functions: post() and ihave(). Article Methods hide ( TYPE, ARTICLE, [ARTICLE, ...] ) Hide one or more articles in the given "TYPE". "ARTICLE" is an News::Article object that going to be hid. hide() will skip the articles without Newsgroup or Message-ID and skip the ones already hid. hide() returns the number of the articles hid. post ihave post() and ihave() is disabled in News::Article::NoCeM. Please use issue() instead. make_notice ( TYPE, NAME, GROUP, ISSUER, [ PREFIX ] ) Retrive articles marked by hide with "TYPE", and make a notice fot them. If there's only one type within a container, then the container itself can be a notice. "NAME" is the identifier of the issuer. "GROUP" is the newsgroup the you will post nocem notice to. "ISSUER" is the email address of the issuer. "PREFIX" is the announcement before the nocem notice, which may explain the criteria of this notice, or where to find your public key for PGP verification. make_notice() returns a News::Article::NoCeM object if success, and return undef if no article is hid. sign ( KEYID, PASSPHRASE ) Sign the content of the nocem notice with "KEYID" and "PASSPHRASE". Please make sure that the issuer's public/secret keyring is ready. sign() returns a News::Article::NoCeM object if success, and return undef if no article is hid, or pgp_sign failed. issue ( [ CONN, IHAVE ] ) Take optional "CONN" as a Net::NNTP object and issue the nocem notice. "IHAVE" indicates that call Net::NNTP::ihave() for submitting the notice, otherwise issue() will call News::Article::post() by default. issue() return the result of News::Article::post() or issue(). NOTES
Standard article manipulation information can be read in the News::Article manpages. NoCeM FAQ is available on the web at <URL:http://www.cm.org/faq.html>. AUTHOR
Written by Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@leeym.com>, based on a module by Tim Skirvin <tskirvin@killfile.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2005 by Yen-Ming Lee <leeym@leeym.com>. This code may be redistributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2006-06-23 NoCeM(3pm)