Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Port 7001/2 issues
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Port 7001/2 issues Post 60163 by Neo on Tuesday 11th of January 2005 11:06:17 PM
Old 01-12-2005
Log files are very helpful.

What is the name and location of your logfile?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO openserver 6 parallel port issues

I am having issues with SCO recognizing my parallel port. The port is being used so I can run dialogic using a dongle for the serial number but the port is not noticed. It is turned on in the bios and should work fine but when I attempt to run the software I get errno=6 and it appears to not be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhemizer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO openserver 6 parallel port issues

I am having issues with SCO recognizing my parallel port. The port is being used so I can run dialogic using a dongle for the serial number but the port is not noticed. It is turned on in the bios and should work fine but when I attempt to run the software I get errno=6 and it appears to not be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhemizer
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ipf/ipnat NAT/port forward issues

I've been going crazy trying to get this working. Here's the situation: we have a Solaris 10 box that connects an internal network to an external network. We're using ipf/ipnat on it. We've added a couple of new boxes to the internal network (192.168.1.100, .101) and want to be able to get to port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spakov
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Weblogic Port redirection from 7001 to 7002

Hi, I have my WebLogic server up and running on port 7002, and can be accessed from : https://mydomain.com:7002/App1 i want to configure Port redirection from 7001 to 7002 if users Login to http://mydomain.com:7001/App1 it should automatically take them to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: szs
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
TWINSTAR(8)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       TWINSTAR(8)

NAME
twinstar - Control the Twinstar feature of a Xorcom Astribank SYNOPSIS
twinstar {status|jump|enable-wd|disable-wd|ports} DESCRIPTION
twinstar is a tool to control the Twinstar (dual USB port) of a Xorcom Astribank. There is a single and mandatory argument which is the command to run. That command operates on all the Astribanks connected to the system. Technically all the commands are implemented using Dahdi::Xpp::Mpp which in turn uses astribank_tool. Thus using thus tool will require root permissions or otherwise read/write permissions to the USB device. The twinstar may be in watchdog mode, which means that it will jump to the remote host if it loses contact with the local host. This can happen if the machine is powered down or hangs or even if the xpp drivers are unloaded. Which is why the standard twinstar scripts put the Astribanks in twinstar mode on startup and remove it on normal shutdown. An Astribank will only jump to the other host (either if asked explicitly or by the watchdog) only if there is a different Astribank connected to the other port and running. Which is why all of this has no effect on systems that don't need this functionality. The command are: status Shows the current status of all Astribanks. Note that it only shows Astribanks whose current active USB port is the one connected to this computer. Example output: DEVICE PORT WATCHDOG POWER0 POWER1 usb:001/010 0 on yes yes usb:001/011 0 on yes yes For each Astribank on the system that has Twinstar support we get: Device The address of the device. This is the bus address, e.g. the address you see in lsusb / dahdi_hardware. Port The active USB port on the Astribank. This should be always '0' on the master and always 1 on the slave. Watchdog on if the watchdog is triggered in the Atribank or off otherwise. Power0, Power1 Shows which ports of this Astribank are connected to a USB port of a running computer. This only shows whether or not the USB host provides power. ports Shows the same 'Port' column of the status command. jump Command all the Astribanks to jump to the other port. This works regardless the watchdog mode is enabled or not. But requires that there is power on the other port. enable-wd Enables watchdog mode. disable-wd Disables watchdog mode. FILES
twinstar mostly uses astribank_tool which in turn mostly uses USB files under /dev/bus/usb . perl v5.14.2 2010-07-28 TWINSTAR(8)