Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printing a Unix file
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers printing a Unix file Post 60115 by Brokersol on Monday 10th of January 2005 02:22:34 PM
Old 01-10-2005
Quote:
Originally posted by Brokersol
The Dell printer seem to have problems printing Unix report/files. I can receive them on a HP but not a Dell. I have spent 6 hours with Dell and they do not know anything behond Window applications and were of no help.

I do not have a LPR port on my printer as some have suqquested I try. I am a real Nebie to all of this lingo so be gentle.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing file in unix sun os 5.7

Hi, I am trying to print a file with one of the field has over 1000 charactors. When I print the file only part of the data was printed. What can I do to be able to print out all the data in this field? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

3. SCO

File Editing and Printing in Unix

Hi, Can some one provide me with, some good links containing help for file editing and printing in unix. Regards, Muhammad Tayyab Shereen Motor Co. Kuwait (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing under UNIX

Hi All As UNIX newbie, (I know Open VMS very well) I have the following question: If I use the lpr command for printing, I normally specify the printer name an the file I want to print. So far so good. Once this is done I can than check with the lpstat command the status of my printjob, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Printing

Greetings. Got a problem I'm working on, not that familiar with UNIX to be honest. We're having some issues printing from a UNIX Server, hoping someone can help. Here's the situation: We have remote offices that use Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Client to connect to a Windows 2003 Terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MPW
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Printing

Hi, I need to print PDF from Unix command line on couple of printers like Lexmark T644PS, HP LJ4100DTN connected to Windows Print Server. I need options of mentioning the printer name and choosing tray number for printing. I was successfull in FTPing PDF files to printer but i could not find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snvijaysankar
2 Replies

7. SCO

Unix Printing

Hi, The code is generating a file of 180 lines, I can check that with vi, but when I am executing the following command for duplex printing , it is printing 4 pages which include 2 blank pages 2 & 4 (page no). $ lp -d printer -0 'land,double,lpi=8,length=90' filename It is expected to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the output of a db2 query on to an unix file

I want to print the output of a db2 query, on to an unix file in a manner that the columns are separated by 'commas'. Please help me out..thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasan_ven
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with printing in UNIX

I have a file that looks like below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 h789 p:d:hh dtyu gasd lrtyu oqa Is there a way to print is as given below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies
amr(7D) 							      Devices								   amr(7D)

NAME
amr - SCSI HBA driver for Dell PERC 3/DC, 4/SC, 4/DC and 4/DI DESCRIPTION
The amr plain SCSI host bus adapter driver is a SCSA-compliant nexus driver that supports the Dell PERC 3DC/4SC/4DC/4Di RAID devices. The amr driver ports from FreeBSD and only supports basic RAID disk I/O functions. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
There are no user configurable parameters available. Please configure your hardware through BIOS. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/kernel/drv/amr 32-bit ELF kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/amr 64-bit kernel module (x86 only). /kernel/drv/amr.conf Driver configuration file (contains no user-configurable options). SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), attributes(5), lsimega(7D), scsi_hba_attach_setup(9F), scsi_sync_pkt(9F), scsi_transport(9F), scsi_inquiry(9S), scsi_device(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) SunOS 5.11 20 April 2005 amr(7D)