Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suexec solution
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Suexec solution Post 60101 by the_last_rites on Monday 10th of January 2005 04:29:24 AM
Old 01-10-2005
Suexec solution

guys here's a section of my program written in perl. This part is used to create directories with 777 mode. Now i know about 777 being a security hole. Could anyone provide me a possible solution to this using suexec?????????

Segment
Code:
system mkdir ".$file_folder", 0777 or die "Can't make dir: $!";
system "chmod 777 .$file_folder";

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apache suexec

I compiled apache 1.3.33 with suexec support like ./configure \ "--with-layout=Apache" \ "--prefix=/usr/local/apache" \ "--enable-module=ssl" \ "--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a" \ "--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a" \ "--enable-module=perl" \ "--enable-module=most"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suexec problem

Hi all, I am trying to setup apache w/ suexec to avoid permission problems w/ apache user and website user and also to be able to run a second (test) domain on the same server. So far I got fcgi w/o suexec running perfectly (logs confirm that). But as soon as I enable the suexec statement in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrstar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use Suexec with Apache2 ?

Hello guys I'm trying to use Suexec in my computer. I've installed apache with default settings (so Suexec is installed with my emerge Apache , Gentoo) . My settings on /etc/conf.d/apache2 # SUEXEC Enables running CGI scripts (in USERDIR) through suexec. # USERDIR Enables /~username... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kernings
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUEXEC with passwordless option

Hi, I am using the below command in suexec -u webuser /local/Tomcat7//0/tc7u/tomcat7.sh status But it prompts for the password of executing user. Let me know if any options available for passwordless or supplying password in script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinbtech
0 Replies
RFMKDIR(1)							Rfio User Commands							RFMKDIR(1)

NAME
rfmkdir - make remote directories SYNOPSIS
rfmkdir [ -m mode ] [ -p ] directory... DESCRIPTION
rfmkdir provides an interface to the shift remote file I/O daemon (rfiod) for creating remote directories in mode 777 (possibly altered by umask(1)). The directory argument is either a remote directory name of the form: hostname:path or a local directory name (not containing the :/ character combination). Creation of a directory requires write permission in the parent directory. OPTIONS
The following options apply to rfmkdir: -m mode This option allows users to specify the mode to be used for the new directories. Choices for modes can be found in chmod(1). -p With this option, rfmkdir creates dirname by creating all the non-existing parent directories first. SEE ALSO
mkdir(1), umask(1), mkdir(2), rfiod(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LCG
$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:04 $ RFMKDIR(1)