Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter passwd
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter passwd Post 59908 by Topsurfer on Tuesday 4th of January 2005 01:56:11 PM
Old 01-04-2005
No,
the filter should only "see" * in the second field,
your grep find every * everywhere in the line !

I know "grep -v" etc., but not shurte how the syntax is for awk -??? -NF=2 [?*?] or so ?????

Example:
Input:
otto:***LOCKED***:Comment 123:
Sven:7hfd7ihd7fd:Comment ***! :
Mueller:*:....:No Comment
Tanja:ukjs7i437jd:No Asterix here:
Klaus:*TTT*:*Comment*

Output:
Tanja:ukjs7i437jd:....
Sven:7hfd7ihd7fd:Comment ***! :

(also Sven, because the "*" is in NOT in the second field !!

Martin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwd

Hi, Besides of the command "passwd" on Solaris and HP-UX and IRIX that allow users to change their passwords on the system. Is there anyother way a user can change his/her own password. Do any of these systems have a GUI interface to allow the user doing so? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwd

I have to change more then 200 User at once the password (security-dday). The programm passwd will answers (new password + again) How can i do this in a script? thanks for answers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erwin Stocker
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd

hello, I don't why I can't change the password, when ever I try to run passwd I get the problem??!!! unixws1:ldb> passwd passwd: Changing password for ldb Permission denied regards, me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd

Can anyone explain the second and third fields in /etc/passwd. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguda
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

/etc/passwd

Hello All I want to print only the full name from the /etc/passwd file and print it to the screen . Could you please let me know how can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
4 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd

Hello , how to open utemp,getpwuid files.I know what info these files will carry but i dont know ow to open see the info present in it. Thanks to help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd help

Hi! i've been searching a way to display the users who are in the /etc/passwd directory...using ls or grep or cat command should do it?i can't find a way to get this right..i mean none of the preview commands function sounded good to me to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
9 Replies

9. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies
PPI::Token::Comment(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    PPI::Token::Comment(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Comment - A comment in Perl source code INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Comment isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is a PPI::Token::Comment print "Hello World!"; # So it this $string =~ s/ foo # This, unfortunately, is not :( bar /w; DESCRIPTION
In PPI, comments are represented by "PPI::Token::Comment" objects. These come in two flavours, line comment and inline comments. A "line comment" is a comment that stands on its own line. These comments hold their own newline and whitespace (both leading and trailing) as part of the one "PPI::Token::Comment" object. An inline comment is a comment that appears after some code, and continues to the end of the line. This does not include whitespace, and the terminating newlines is considered a separate PPI::Token::Whitespace token. This is largely a convenience, simplifying a lot of normal code relating to the common things people do with comments. Most commonly, it means when you "prune" or "delete" a comment, a line comment disappears taking the entire line with it, and an inline comment is removed from the inside of the line, allowing the newline to drop back onto the end of the code, as you would expect. It also means you can move comments around in blocks much more easily. For now, this is a suitably handy way to do things. However, I do reserve the right to change my mind on this one if it gets dangerously anachronistic somewhere down the line. METHODS
Only very limited methods are available, beyond those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. line The "line" accessor returns true if the "PPI::Token::Comment" is a line comment, or false if it is an inline comment. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Comment(3)