Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to upload to the unix server? Post 59823 by jhoffman on Saturday 1st of January 2005 07:40:29 PM
Old 01-01-2005
are you logged in as the su?? also make sure if your uploading a file that has multiple contents that your tar it and gzip it.

ex: tar cvf filename.tar filename(the original)
ex: gzip filename.tar (this is the one you created above)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload excel file contents to server

Hi I have an excel file with only 5 rows .I want to uplaod those 5 rows to a database using a shell script.Is this possible.If so where do i start. Thnks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magikminox
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload file to webdav server

Hi all i have a such question this is my shell script my script must upload file to webdav server ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knut
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload on server

salmo allim warhmat allah wa brakato i face another problem with ftp protocol i have my server when upload with ftp on my server it upload when access from internet with URL can't find any thing that i get from ftp commend that upload in Current directory is /home/user name when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate file and Upload to SFTP server.

Xperts, My requirement is something like this, I have a sql script which i need to embed in a shell. The sql (oracle) script will generate a .csv file in some Unix directory. the approximate file size is around 10 mb which i need to upload to an sftp server. My concern here is how to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

5. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

LDAP, issue wont upload to Server

Its not allow upload the ldif file to LDAP Server # ldapadd -x -W -D "cn=Admin,dc=linuxoperatingsystem,dc=info" -f /root/base.ldif Enter LDAP Password: ldap _sasl_bind(SIMPLE) : Can't contact LDAP server (-1) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)