Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prevent history entry
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Prevent history entry Post 59788 by Perderabo on Thursday 30th of December 2004 02:00:09 PM
Old 12-30-2004
The bourne shell does not have history. So run a bourne shell, type your command, then exit the bourne shell.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to prevent deadlock on this...

I am using linux termios structure to configure serial port and read the port by read function. For some reason, if I read the whole buffer, almost every time the buffer does not contain the correct reply message sequence from a device sending reply to my linux PC. So I use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yimab
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent Accidents 'rm -rf *'?

When invoking unix commands from other third party tools (IBM ETL), we run the rm / mv commands with the folder as argument been passed. Eg rm -rf {folder}/* when the parameter {folder} did not pass rightly or becomes blank, the command becomes dangerous to execute rm -rf /* How to prevent... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
9 Replies

6. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
MINCHISTORY(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    MINCHISTORY(1)

NAME
minchistory - prints history information for minc files SYNOPSIS
minchistory [options] <file1.mnc> [<file2.mnc> ... ] minchistory will dump the internal history of one or more MINC files DESCRIPTION
minchistory is a perl script that prints the history information in a collection of MINC files. Most MINC files contain an internal "audit trail" that lists the commands used to create the MINC file. This tool provides a convenient way to examine this information. For each file, minchistory prints a title line followed by a series of lines which list the history information for that file. --- History of <filename> --- [01] Wed Oct 13 15:35:35 EST 2004>>>> dicom3_to_minc . [02] Wed Oct 13 15:43:34 2004>>> mincreshape +direction bob-jones_256x256x256_T1.mnc out.mnc -dimorder zspace,yspace,xspace -clobber minchistory is essentially an alias for the following command with a bit of pretty printing added. mincinfo -attvalue :history B<filename.mnc> OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be noisy when doing things --version Print version number and exit -h, --help Dump some quick help output --man Dump a man page SEE ALSO
mincinfo(1) AUTHOR
Andrew Janke - a.janke@gmail.com COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2000 by Andrew L Janke perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 MINCHISTORY(1)