Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Max No of Open File Descriptors in a process Post 59750 by lakshmankumar12 on Wednesday 29th of December 2004 10:54:10 PM
Old 12-29-2004
Yes. I am using a library ACE and it is that library which lowers the limits. I am trying to make the library not to do it.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

transfer an open file description between two process

How can I transfer an open file description between two process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xu_wen_dong
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Setting the max open files value

I'm trying to set the open files value to 4000 on a SLES 9 system. Current values:ulimit -n 1024 I can set it using this:ulimit -n 4000 ulimit -n 4000 But this obviously sets it only for the shell session where I run the command to set it. I want to set this to 4000 for all time. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor open file handles used by a process

We have a process that is running out of file handles. Is there some command line way to determine this that we can include into a cron script? Please let me know JAK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file that is already open by another process

hi, I'm using HP unix tru64 & Win XP. i'm download a file from winxp to unix using ftp. how to know whether a remote file is currently being used by the process or not? (my loaction unix server) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: closing file descriptors from a process

Below is a test script to illustrate a problem from a larger script I am writing. $ cat /tmp/loggingtest #!/bin/bash lvcreate -s -l 100%FREE -n var-data-snapshot vg00/var-data 2> >(logger -t "loggingtest.crit") 1> >(logger -t "loggingtest.info") sync & wait lvremove -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

7. SCO

sco unix backward compatibility on "max open file per process"

Hi How to increase maximum number of open file in "sco xenix binary" running in "sco unix openserver 5.0.7" ? I have changed "NOFILES" kernel parameter to 512, but xenix binray can't open more than 60. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Closing open file descriptors from /proc/pid/fd

Hi guys, i need to write a shell script that will close file descriptors from /proc/pid/fd will calling exec 4<&- solve the problem ? thanks in advance :) (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_romeo
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Open File Descriptors Current vs. Max

Hello all, I have been tasked with finding the current open file descriptors versus the limit set. In Linux, this can be done like so: cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr 3391 969 52427 | | | | | | | | maximum open file descriptors | total free allocated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Max Open File Limit

Ubuntu users, I am configuring an Ubuntu 14.04 server as a load injector. I have appended the hard and soft limits to /etc/security/limits.conf for any user (apart from root): * hard nofile 65536 * soft nofile 65536 I am seeing the figure 65536 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aidylewis
5 Replies
ACE_NETSVCS(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ACE_NETSVCS(1)

NAME
ace_netsvcs -- ACE network services driver. SYNOPSIS
ace_netsvcs [OPTION ...] DESCRIPTION
ace_netsvcs is a driver to start ACE network services. Currently, libnetsvcs provides: Naming Service, Time Service, Token Service, Server Logging Service, Client Logging Service, Logging Strategy Service. OPTIONS
-f svc.conf Specifies a svc.conf configuration file name other than the default one. Can be specified multiple times to use multiple files. -d Turn on debugging mode. -n Explicitly disables the use of static services. This flag overrides the @a ignore_static_svcs parameter value. -p pathname Specifies a pathname which is used to store the process id. -s signal Specifies a signal number other than SIGHUP to trigger reprocessing of the configuration file(s). Ignored for platforms that do not have POSIX signals, such as Windows. -y Explicitly enables the use of static services. This flag overrides the @a ignore_static_svcs parameter value. -S directive Specifies a service directive string. Enclose the string in quotes and escape any embedded quotes with a backslash. This option specifies service directives without the need for a configuration file. -b Option to indicate that we should be a daemon. Note that when this option is used, the process will be daemonized before the ser- vice configuration file(s) are read. During daemonization, (on POSIX systems) the current directory will be changed to "/" so the caller should either fully specify the file names, or execute a @c chroot() to the appropriate directory. @sa ACE::daemo- nize(). -k point Specifies the rendezvous point to use for the ACE distributed logger. EXAMPLES
ace_netsvcs -f /usr/share/ace-netsvcs/svc.conf Starts ACE network services using example configuration. ace_netsvcs -S 'dynamic Name_Server Service_Object * netsvcs:_make_ACE_Name_Acceptor() "-p 20006"' Starts ACE Naming service using command line configuration. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/ace-netsvcs/svc.conf, /usr/share/doc/ace-netsvcs/ACE-netsvcs.html AUTHOR
Douglas C. Schmidt<schmidt@cs.wustl.edu> ACE_NETSVCS(1)