Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot log on to FreeBSD LiveCD Post 59743 by hachik on Wednesday 29th of December 2004 05:57:59 PM
Old 12-29-2004
what livecd exatly you downloaded? maybe information what user/pass to use to login into this livecd written on their website, or give us what errors it displays? (if something other than user unknown or wrong passwd then it is baaad ;-)

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Creating livecd with custom applications installed

Hi all, I recently started using ubuntu. I have studied available documentation to set up the live cd on ubuntu site. But can't seem to find what I am looking for. I have few applications - www and local applications - which I want to be present on the live cd. How can I create a livecd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LiveCD help

hey, I am build an operating system but i cant seem to get it to boot. I am using GRUB as the boot loader, but I'm not sure if I have all the files need, on the CD, to load the operating system. So can anyone tell me what files I need in order for GRUB to load my OS. P.S. The OS is neither... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neur0n
1 Replies
HYPER-V(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						HYPER-V(4)

NAME
hv_ata_pci_disengage -- Hyper-V ATA PCI Disengage driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in the system kernel configuration file: device hyperv DESCRIPTION
The hv_ata_pci_disengage driver prevents the native FreeBSD ATA driver from loading in the presence of Hyper-V. FreeBSD guests running on Hyper-V can take advantage of the Hyper-V Storage Virtual Consumer (hv_storvsc(4)) for using their IDE devices. Since the ATA driver serves IDE devices as well, there is a chance that the ATA driver may interfere with the operations of hv_storvsc(4). The hv_ata_pci_disengage driver avoids conflicts between the ATA driver and hv_storvsc(4) by disabling the ATA driver when the FreeBSD guest is booting. A side effect of disabling the ATA driver is that CDROM may become inoperational on FreeBSD guest partitions. If CDROM access is a must then users may use "set hw.ata.disk_enable=1" at boot time to prevent the ATA driver from being disabled. SEE ALSO
hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_utils(4), hv_vmbus(4) HISTORY
Support for hv_ata_pci_disengage first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. The driver was developed through a joint effort between Citrix Incorpo- rated, Microsoft Corporation, and Network Appliance Incorporated. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_ata_pci_disengage was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
September 10, 2013 BSD