Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X window problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers X window problem Post 5970 by mib on Tuesday 28th of August 2001 12:09:59 AM
Old 08-28-2001
Are you running GNOME? If so try to change Window Manager to KDE or other lightwieght window managers. And check log for any hint.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about X-window

Please, recommend anyone books about programming for X-window. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: serge
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with X11 Root Window

At school, on an HP-UX or B.11.11 U 9000/785 system, my X11 root window is always set to 8-bit color, but all the child windows are 24-bit. The problem with this, is any background/wallpaper looks extremely ugly with the 8-bit color. Is there any way to make X starts with 24-bit color root window?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljfong
0 Replies

4. Solaris

strange problem regarding zip/unzip from window to solaris machine

Hi , I faced a very strange problem when I unzip a zip file on my solaris workstation. Actually I wanted to transfer a folder, say it TEST which contains some sub-folders inside it from windows to solaris machine. So I zipped this folder to TEST.ZIP on my windows machine. Then from my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Kumar Arora
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in installing x window on freeBSD 7.0

i have installed freeBSD 7.0 using the 5 cds. when i try to install the gnome or kde during the post-installation, the following error appears: "ghost-script gpl-8.60 aborted error 1 ......." Do u think that the cd(it's the second cd) is corrupted or i missed some steps which i should follow. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solomonml
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Reflection X window settings: Problem

Hello guys In our company, we have a serious problem with WRQ Reflection X (Version 10.0.0) and the window settings (window manager) in Reflection. We are running an airline crew planningsystem on linux, using WRQ Reflection X as X server. In the window manager in Reflection window settings,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: belvie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

x-window is not working

Hi, I have CentOS release 5. I am using "Putty" as my SSH program. I can't seem to get the DISPLAY xclock working on my screen. I did set my DISPLAY. # DISPLAY=10.65.104.76:0.0; export DISPLAY # xclock Error: Can't open display: 10.65.104.76:0.0 Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X-Window help

I unloaded the KDM/KDE package and was starting it per instructions by first running a "xstart". My screen is blank and I don't know how to recover. Thanks. Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TJSexton
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
KDED4(8)							 KDE User's Manual							  KDED4(8)

NAME
kded4 - KDE daemon - triggers Sycoca database updates when needed. SYNOPSIS
kded4 [--help] [Generic options] [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [--check] DESCRIPTION
kded4 is responsible for creating the sycoca file, i.e. the binary cache of servicetypes, mimetypes, and services for a particular user. It monitors the directories containing .desktop files. When a file is added/removed, it waits 5 seconds (in case of series of updates), and then launches kbuildsycoca. GENERIC OPTIONS
--author Show author information. --help Show help about options. --help-all Show all options. --help-kde Show KDE specific options. --help-qt Show Qt specific options. --license Show license information. -v --version Show version information APPLICATION OPTIONS
--check Check Sycoca database only once. USAGE
If kded4 is called without parameters and is already running, it shows the message: KDE Daemon (kded) already running. If kded4 is called with kded4 --check, then it updates the KDE sycoca using kbuildsycoca. SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7), qtoptions(7), kbuildsycoca(8) BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHORS
David Faure <faure@kde.org>, Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org>. 2008-11-12 KDED4(8)