Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing default editor
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing default editor Post 59628 by encrypted on Sunday 26th of December 2004 10:04:45 PM
Old 12-26-2004
In your .bashrc file
export EDITOR=pico

should help

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing colore in vi editor

how can i change colore of a command in vi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheilly_2k7
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default editor in zsh

Guys, Can somebody help in setting vi as the default editor in zsh shell. I know that in ksh and bourne we can achieve the setting through .profile file. I want to replicate the behavior of ksh in zsh where on command prompt when one presses escape the screen acts as a vi. And one can use all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Default text editor

Hi, sorry if something similar has already asked. But I am interested how to change default text editor on Unix Solaris? When I open File Manager -> Edit -> Properties.. -> Category (Advanced Settings) -> Default Editor (Other) I have something like: shelltool sh -c "sleep 3; vi $FILE"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: spuzh
13 Replies
atlog(3)						       AtFS Toolkit Library							  atlog(3)

NAME
atSetComment, atUnlock - log and lock handling SYNOPSIS
#include <atfs.h> #include <atfstk.h> int atSetComment (Af_key *aso, int commentType, char *commentText, int mode); int atUnlock (Af_key *aso); DESCRIPTION
atSetComment sets a comment attribute for the attributed software object aso. Valid commentTypes are AT_COMMENT_INTENT for expressing a change intent describing planned modifications. AT_COMMENT_DESCR for issuing a descriptive text expressing the purpose of the document. AT_COMMENT_LOG for writing a change log describing the changes made. With the argument commentText, a default text may be given. According to the mode (see below), the user will be asked for entering the comment attribute value. When a default text is given, this will be offered for modification. With an commentText argument, the previous of the according comment attribute is taken as default text. With the mode field, the behavior of atSetComment can be influenced. Three flags may me set: AT_FROMSTDIN advises atSetComment to read the user input from standard input, otherwise an editor will be started. AT_REUSE causes reuse of the comment text expressed during the previous invocation of atSetComment, if there was any. AT_CONFIRM lets the user confirm, that an comment shall be expressed. Otherwise, atSetComment asks for the comment text without prior confirmation. This flag is ignored, when AT_FROMSTDIN is set and the change comment is taken from standard input. atUnlock unlocks aso by calling af_unlock (manual page af_lock(3)). If a change intent was previously set for aso, this will be eliminated. DIAGNOSTICS
atSetComment and atUnlock return FALSE (zero) on error. Additionally, the atError variable is set and afErrMsg holds a diagnostic message. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR - the default editor to be called. SEE ALSO
af_lock(3) AtFStk-1.12 Fri Jun 25 16:39:38 1993 atlog(3)