Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot log on to FreeBSD LiveCD Post 59564 by 012633023 on Thursday 23rd of December 2004 02:18:26 AM
Old 12-23-2004
Cannot log on to FreeBSD LiveCD

Hi, I just download FreeBSD LiveCD and burn it to the CDROM (Because I want to learn UNIX). But when I boot the computer from the CDROM, it display the username and password. I type "root" and the password blank. But it does not allow me to login. I try many user name and password that I guest but it could not allow me to login. Could any one give me any suggestion to solve the problem? Does any one know the correct user name and password to log on FreeBSD LiveCD??? Please let me know.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Creating livecd with custom applications installed

Hi all, I recently started using ubuntu. I have studied available documentation to set up the live cd on ubuntu site. But can't seem to find what I am looking for. I have few applications - www and local applications - which I want to be present on the live cd. How can I create a livecd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LiveCD help

hey, I am build an operating system but i cant seem to get it to boot. I am using GRUB as the boot loader, but I'm not sure if I have all the files need, on the CD, to load the operating system. So can anyone tell me what files I need in order for GRUB to load my OS. P.S. The OS is neither... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neur0n
1 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS