Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Send a mail with a subject and an attachement Post 5955 by josecollantes on Monday 27th of August 2001 08:25:12 PM
Old 08-27-2001
Data Send a mail with a subject and an attachement

Dear All:

I want to send a message to a list of people with a subject and an attachement, currently I am using the following command into a shell script:

uuencode $FILENAME.gz $FILENAME.gz | mail john.kennedy@mycompany.com m.m@mycompany.com

With this command I can send the message for a lot of people with the attachement but I can not send the subject, could somebody help me please?

Best Regards

Jose

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with an attachement of a file

I wanted to try sending a mail with an attachement at command prompt in unix. Some one please advise that how we can do it ? Thanks, :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddeg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Mail with Attachement

Hi Can somebody help me in wirting shell script in the following way.Desperately i have poseted this.. 1.How can I connect to Oracle(Sqlplus) from UNIX. 2.After connecting to it I have to execute an oracle proceudure.. 3.Execution of the procedure will give some set of rows.. 4.The set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
6 Replies

3. Linux

send mail purtcular subject forward

Hai can you help it out i am using send mail server in that some messages are teged with spam that messages has to forwaded to putecular Id and it has to removed from the user. s.sheik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_sheik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachement-Getting connection refused by domain

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix. I need to send an email with an attachment in unix to some id like abc@some_company.com Code i have used is ------------Code--------------------------- #!/bin/ksh set -x #set -n #cript: unix_mail_withattachments.ksh # Aurthor: Ravin Maharaj #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

query about Attachement in mail

Hi All, I have general query that ...in my script i used uuencode option like below. cd /location (cat test.txt uuencode test.csv test.csv ) | mail -s "test mail" "mail_id" but whenever i run the above command its giving error like below ./testscript.sh: uuencode not found: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read mail attachement

I want to read attachements sent to unix mail id and save the attachement in folder. I may receive the mails from different mail clients(outlook, lotus ..etc). Attachements are in CSV(comma saperate) format. Let me know the shell script code for this. Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachement through mail command

Can't attach text files to 'mail' command. I dont have mutt or mailx to use on my server. so i have to use mail command any help would be great. Regards, Kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Send file attachement in mail

Hello, I am able to attache the file in UNIX/LINUX script using following code. MAILFORMAT="Please do not replay this mail.This mail is auto generated." echo -e $MAILFORMAT | mailx -r autoreplay@gmail.com -a filename -s "status" xyz@gmail.com But same I am not able attache... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
6 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)