Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command param subst to reg expression Post 59510 by bhargav on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 01:46:44 PM
Old 12-21-2004
i try some thing like this ......

awk -v subst="bhargav" '{ if(match($0,subst) == 1 ){ print $0 } }' txt.tmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign subst|grep|sed command result to a variable

Hi, I'm quite new to scripting and I want to modify following line of an existing script: MYVAR=`subst |grep 'L:\\\:' | sed -e 's/.*\\\//'`; What I have to do is to use the content of a variable instead of the constant expression 'L:\\\:' as the grep string to be matched. Assuming I already... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbiker99
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg expression

I have regular expression like this ( replace + with \+) ($mod_server) = ($server =~ /\+/\\+/g); the above is failing with error . what's wrong with it . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reg expression

Hello, I have thousand of messages (HL7), I want to use awk to extract only the ones that have a particular value in pv1.18 Each record in the file is the whole HL7 message, ie. when I print $0 I get the whole message MSH EVN PID etc. ,there is an x0d between the segments. I would like to use a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression

Please let me understand this reg expression (\s+')(.*)('\s+)(.)(.*)(\/.*)/) i have doubt in the below 2.I'm not understanding why back-tick used? (\s+') and ('\s+) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

./GEN_SCR.pl -f ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt -o ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/GEN2_wide1c_1.0V_max.csv where GEN_SCR.pl is as below...i need to check whether max or min is coming in the argument to the script ...how to do this? ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

how to uniquely match each of the words seperated by / in perl ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with Reg expression

I want to make a REG Expression to validate the directory. my dirsample is below: /abc/abc/abc abc/abc/abc abc/abc/abc/ /abc/a bc/abc /a bc/abc/abc /abc/abc/a bc / abc/abc/abc /abc/ abc/abc /abc/.abc /.abc/abc / // /abc /.abc And my code is below: grep -E '^\/(+\/?)+$' dirsample (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

REG Expression

Need your help in creating regular expression for particular set. let say I have given two dates 20130623 to 20140625. I need to create regular for the dates which fall in between above two dates. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
ODT2TXT(1)							   User Commands							ODT2TXT(1)

NAME
odt2txt - a simple converter from OpenDocument Text to plain text SYNOPSIS
odt2txt [OPTIONS] FILENAME DESCRIPTION
odt2txt is a command-line tool which extracts the text out of OpenDocument Texts, as produced by OpenOffice.org, KOffice, StarOffice and others. odt2txt can also extract text from some file formats similar to OpenDocument Text, such as OpenOffice.org XML (*.sxw), which was used by OpenOffice.org version 1.x and older StarOffice versions. To a lesser extend, odt2txt may be useful to extract content from OpenDocument spreadsheets (*.ods) and OpenDocument presentations (*.odp). The FILENAME argument is mandatory. OPTIONS
--width=WIDTH Wrap text lines after WIDTH characters. The default value is 65, which means that any words which would extend beyond column 65 are moved to a new line. If WIDTH is set to -1 then no lines will be broken --output=FILE Write output to FILE and not to standard output. --subst=SUBST Select which non-ascii characters shall be replaced by ascii look-a-likes. Valid values for SUBST are all, some and none. --subst=all Substitute all characters for which substitutions are known --subst=some Substitute all characters which the output charset does not contain This is the default --subst=none Substitute no characters --encoding=X Do not try to autodetect the terminal encoding, but convert the document to encoding X unconditionally To find out, which terminal encoding will be used in automatic mode, use --encoding=show --raw Print raw XML --version Show version and copyright information COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006,2007 Dennis Stosberg <dennis@stosberg.net> Uses parts of the kunzip library, Copyright 2005,2006 by Michael Kohn This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation SEE ALSO
Homepage http://stosberg.net/odt2txt/ odt2txt 0.4 2008-06-23 ODT2TXT(1)