Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command param subst to reg expression Post 59506 by druuna on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 12:44:33 PM
Old 12-21-2004

Last edited by druuna; 05-21-2009 at 10:11 AM..
druuna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign subst|grep|sed command result to a variable

Hi, I'm quite new to scripting and I want to modify following line of an existing script: MYVAR=`subst |grep 'L:\\\:' | sed -e 's/.*\\\//'`; What I have to do is to use the content of a variable instead of the constant expression 'L:\\\:' as the grep string to be matched. Assuming I already... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbiker99
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg expression

I have regular expression like this ( replace + with \+) ($mod_server) = ($server =~ /\+/\\+/g); the above is failing with error . what's wrong with it . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reg expression

Hello, I have thousand of messages (HL7), I want to use awk to extract only the ones that have a particular value in pv1.18 Each record in the file is the whole HL7 message, ie. when I print $0 I get the whole message MSH EVN PID etc. ,there is an x0d between the segments. I would like to use a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression

Please let me understand this reg expression (\s+')(.*)('\s+)(.)(.*)(\/.*)/) i have doubt in the below 2.I'm not understanding why back-tick used? (\s+') and ('\s+) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

./GEN_SCR.pl -f ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt -o ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/GEN2_wide1c_1.0V_max.csv where GEN_SCR.pl is as below...i need to check whether max or min is coming in the argument to the script ...how to do this? ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

how to uniquely match each of the words seperated by / in perl ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with Reg expression

I want to make a REG Expression to validate the directory. my dirsample is below: /abc/abc/abc abc/abc/abc abc/abc/abc/ /abc/a bc/abc /a bc/abc/abc /abc/abc/a bc / abc/abc/abc /abc/ abc/abc /abc/.abc /.abc/abc / // /abc /.abc And my code is below: grep -E '^\/(+\/?)+$' dirsample (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

REG Expression

Need your help in creating regular expression for particular set. let say I have given two dates 20130623 to 20140625. I need to create regular for the dates which fall in between above two dates. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
vwait(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 vwait(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
vwait - Process events until a variable is written SYNOPSIS
vwait varName _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command enters the Tcl event loop to process events, blocking the application if no events are ready. It continues processing events until some event handler sets the value of variable varName. Once varName has been set, the vwait command will return as soon as the event handler that modified varName completes. varName must globally scoped (either with a call to global for the varName, or with the full namespace path specification). In some cases the vwait command may not return immediately after varName is set. This can happen if the event handler that sets varName does not complete immediately. For example, if an event handler sets varName and then itself calls vwait to wait for a different variable, then it may not return for a long time. During this time the top-level vwait is blocked waiting for the event handler to complete, so it cannot return either. EXAMPLES
Run the event-loop continually until some event calls exit. (You can use any variable not mentioned elsewhere, but the name forever reminds you at a glance of the intent.) vwait forever Wait five seconds for a connection to a server socket, otherwise close the socket and continue running the script: # Initialise the state after 5000 set state timeout set server [socket -server accept 12345] proc accept {args} { global state connectionInfo set state accepted set connectionInfo $args } # Wait for something to happen vwait state # Clean up events that could have happened close $server after cancel set state timeout # Do something based on how the vwait finished... switch $state { timeout { puts "no connection on port 12345" } accepted { puts "connection: $connectionInfo" puts [lindex $connectionInfo 0] "Hello there!" } } SEE ALSO
global(1T), update(1T) KEYWORDS
event, variable, wait ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 8.0 vwait(1T)