Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command param subst to reg expression Post 59501 by videsh77 on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 11:55:31 AM
Old 12-21-2004
Question Command param subst to reg expression

I want to find out Row which starts with, the user specified details to a script.
In general I know what command to be given.
awk '$0~/^Vi/' BReject

But I need to pass on $1 param of command line at the place of 'Vi'.
I tried with -v subst=$1
awk -v subst=$1 '$0~/^subst/' BReject
But it couldnt work.

Any suggestions, Solution must be restricted to awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign subst|grep|sed command result to a variable

Hi, I'm quite new to scripting and I want to modify following line of an existing script: MYVAR=`subst |grep 'L:\\\:' | sed -e 's/.*\\\//'`; What I have to do is to use the content of a variable instead of the constant expression 'L:\\\:' as the grep string to be matched. Assuming I already... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbiker99
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg expression

I have regular expression like this ( replace + with \+) ($mod_server) = ($server =~ /\+/\\+/g); the above is failing with error . what's wrong with it . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reg expression

Hello, I have thousand of messages (HL7), I want to use awk to extract only the ones that have a particular value in pv1.18 Each record in the file is the whole HL7 message, ie. when I print $0 I get the whole message MSH EVN PID etc. ,there is an x0d between the segments. I would like to use a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression

Please let me understand this reg expression (\s+')(.*)('\s+)(.)(.*)(\/.*)/) i have doubt in the below 2.I'm not understanding why back-tick used? (\s+') and ('\s+) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

./GEN_SCR.pl -f ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt -o ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/GEN2_wide1c_1.0V_max.csv where GEN_SCR.pl is as below...i need to check whether max or min is coming in the argument to the script ...how to do this? ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg expression in perl

how to uniquely match each of the words seperated by / in perl ${REP_PATH}/FUNCTIONAL/wide1c_1.0V/max/qor.rpt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with Reg expression

I want to make a REG Expression to validate the directory. my dirsample is below: /abc/abc/abc abc/abc/abc abc/abc/abc/ /abc/a bc/abc /a bc/abc/abc /abc/abc/a bc / abc/abc/abc /abc/ abc/abc /abc/.abc /.abc/abc / // /abc /.abc And my code is below: grep -E '^\/(+\/?)+$' dirsample (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

REG Expression

Need your help in creating regular expression for particular set. let say I have given two dates 20130623 to 20140625. I need to create regular for the dates which fall in between above two dates. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)						      dh-exec							  DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)

NAME
dh-exec-subst - Debhelper executable file substition scripts SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=subst. It is a wrapper around the various other substitution helpers, and will pipe the input file through all the available substitution helpers. It is up to these scripts to do the actual work. When a helper fails to expand a variable within its input, it will leave it as-is, so that later in the pipeline it can perhaps be expanded by another program. SCRIPTS
dh-exec-subst-env Substitutes any of the available, exported environment variables into its input. It does not do any kind of filtering: whatever is available in the environment, will be available for substitution, however unsafe that may be. dh-exec-subst-multiarch Attempts to expand any of the variables known to dpkg-architecture(1), mostly useful for multi-arch support. The command will query dpkg-architecture(1) directly, and does not rely on environment variables set (as the called program will prefer already set environment variables anyway). ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-subst-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-subst is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)