Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: binutills_2.15-4_i386.deb
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users binutills_2.15-4_i386.deb Post 59470 by progressdll on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 03:49:09 AM
Old 12-21-2004
Can this be an error related to the fact that you now have packages installed from "testing" or "unstable" and your debian is "stable"

You did an apt-get of the new gcc, you got some packages installed for this.

can you the apt-get -t parameter and tell you want to install from "testing" of "unstable" instead of "stable"?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Can I let apt-get use prozilla to download deb

:thank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f33k4
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing deb packages from Ubuntu Server CD

Hi, I have mounted the Ubuntu server edition 10.10 ISO on my server under a directory media/servercd. I would like to install some services from this. I edited the sources.list file to say: deb file:/media/servercd maverick main restricted and it's properly mounted but when I try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to extract all deb files in a fldr to respective folderstructures

Hi, since half an hour I currently try to write a script that will: 1) Extract every debian file in a directory 2) Extracts it to a folder that matches the debians filename 3) Extracts it so the structure looks like that: DEBIANFILENAME | -------------- DEBIAN ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
9 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Install deb from alternate usb

I installed a command-line system ubuntu 12.04 from usb and that's work. I don't have a internet connection so what I have to install must come from the alternate usb until I can let work my wireless. I mount the usb to /media/cdrom but when I do sudo apt-get install xorg , then he ask me for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

> dpkg-deb to Extract and Reconstruct a Multipart Archive???

Greetings! Here's one which has been bugging me for a bit ;) As might be known, LibreOffice is available to some of us Linux folk as a large set of debs. Of course, being a curious sort, I'd like to dig in and recreate the original tree which is composed of these assorted archives. So, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting/RePackaging Deb Package

Here is the original absolute file paths for a working deb package called blah-amd64.deb: dpkg-deb -c blah-amd64.deb |less drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2014-12-02 09:48 ./ drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2014-12-02 09:48 ./usr/ drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2014-12-02 09:48 ./usr/share/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies
UPDATE-GAP-WORKSPACE(1) 					   User Commands					   UPDATE-GAP-WORKSPACE(1)

NAME
update-gap-workspace - manage a GAP workspace. SYNOPSIS
update-gap-workspace update-gap-workspace update Create or update the GAP workspace. update-gap-workspace delete Delete the GAP workspace. DESCRIPTION
At start up, GAP load all libraries and packages available on the system. This take several seconds. To save time, GAP can store the result of this initialisation in a `workspace'. update-gap-workspace help to manage such workspaces. update-gap-workspace can be run as root to manage the system-wide workspace. update-gap-workspace can be run as a normal user. In this case the workspace is stored in $HOME/gap/workspace.gz. Note that you need to rebuild the workspace each time GAP packages are added, removed or updated. To automate that task, if the system-wide workspace exists, it is automatically updated whenever a GAP-related Debian package is installed or upgraded. The gap script will automatically load such workspace at start up. FILES
/var/lib/gap/workspace.gz: The system-wide GAP workspace. $HOME/gap/workspace.gz: The user-specific GAP workspace. SEE ALSO
gap(1), The `SaveWorkspace' function in the GAP manual. AUTHOR
Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org> NOTES
We are considering enabling the system-wide workspace per default, though this feature could be too confusing for old-time GAP users. If you have opinions about it, please mail <gap@packages.debian.org>. Debian July 2003 UPDATE-GAP-WORKSPACE(1)