Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux anyone familiar with mandrake? :D Post 59389 by Jace on Friday 17th of December 2004 03:21:56 PM
Old 12-17-2004
thanks for the tip, never would of thought of that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake

I read the old posts about dual booting windows and linux, and I just wanted to clarify something: If I buy the mandrake version of linux, will that by itself partition the hard drive, or do I still have to get a copy of partition magic? If the mandrake version can do it, is it an easy process? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

4. Solaris

is anyone familiar w/an option for prstat that only displays the initial screen once?

prstat usage: prstat ] ] something equivalent to "top -d 1" ? thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm not familiar with UNIX at all....HELP!

I need to know how to update our UNIX systems for 2007 DST. Problem is, I have no idea what version of UNIX we have or how to even find out what version it is. I work in the IT department and none of my co-workers know anything about UNIX either. So, I have two questions. First of all, how do I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcrawford575
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IF YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH 'chkcpu', please read this post.

Hello, I am using unix shell from a Unix emulator called ZOC. Basically, I checked my jobs using the command 'chkcpu'. What I get is something like this: ** cfdlab17 ** PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanay
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is any one familiar with 'chkcpu' command ?

Hello, I am using unix shell from a Unix emulator called ZOC. Basically, I checked my jobs using the command 'chkcpu'. What I get is something like this: ** cfdlab17 ** PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanay
1 Replies

8. AIX

Anyone familiar with the application FMS ?

Fault Management System. I think it is an in-house application but I am not sure. So if there are people out there that know this application, I have a few questions about it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script to reformat a file in unix but not familiar with unix

unix script must do the fiollowing open a file containing comma delimited records > each record contains 10 fields > removes the 2nd field and use that same field containing fields 2 to 10 the original record after fprocessing should containing fields 1 and 3 a new erecord must be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightja
10 Replies

10. Debian

HP ProLiant DL380 G4 w/ Debian... If your familiar with this machine please help.

Hello, I have a few questions about this server. It has two CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) RAID set to RAID 5 (5 discs) with one spare (6th disk) USB, 2 Ethernet ports, 1 ILO port, 1 SCSI port ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
2 Replies
BURN-CONFIGURE(1)						       Burn							 BURN-CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
burn-configure - create a configuration file for burn(1) SYNOPSIS
burn-configure DESCRIPTION
burn-configure is a configuration utility for burn(1). Burn ("Burn until recorded, now!") is a tool for writing optical media of various kinds. The burn(1) program looks for its configuration settings in the following files: /etc/burn.conf, ~/.burnrc. When invoked, burn-configure will ask a series of questions interactively at the console, and then write a new configuration to the file burn.conf.new in the current directory. This file can then be used for the contents of any of the burn(1) configuration files. SEE ALSO
o burn(1) AUTHOR
Ben Finney <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>, Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul@hacknight.org> COPYRIGHT
This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later as published by the Free Software Foundation. No warranty expressed or implied. See the source for details. 2009-07-24 BURN-CONFIGURE(1)