Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail attachment
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mail attachment Post 5936 by Optimus_P on Monday 27th of August 2001 09:52:06 AM
Old 08-27-2001
did you check the faq?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail with attachment

Hi, I am facing an issue while sending a mail from unix with attachment.the issue is i am able to send a mail with attachment but...after receiving the mail if u see that the text is continous though it was line by line in original.. UUENCODE is the cmd i am using... plz help me in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param786
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment with unix mail

Hi Could someone help me with the details on how to send an attachment through mail in unix. I have an html file in my unix machine and I want this to be send to some mail id, plese help with the steps. Regards Ajay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarboyana
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using attachment

Hi All, I need to send mail with attachment. I am using uuencode but it seems it is sending encoded file. I am getting the mail with attachment but there is no data even the file size is almost 90KB. Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Attachment...

Hi All, I am new to unix. I have written the script to identify the delimiter count for my source file and the output I have to capture in another file and that file should sent to mail with attachment. I have tried to send the attachment with below script . But I am not able to do that. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting mail with no Attachment

Hi All, my requirement send a mail with attachment a abc.txt file. below is the shell script. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x #DIR=/appldata/download/mail MAILTO="krupa.behera@kk.com" SUBJECT="Report" BODY="Hi All," ATTACH=/projects/psoft/hrdw/pushreports/crons/temp_out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment

Hi, I want to send an attachment and content in a single mail using unix command can anyone pls help me? Thanks Naveen A (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
6 Replies
vacation(1)						      General Commands Manual						       vacation(1)

NAME
vacation - Informs senders of mail that recipient is absent SYNOPSIS
vacation -I The vacation command returns a message to the sender of a mail message, saying that the recipient is on vacation or otherwise absent. OPTIONS
Initializes the $HOME/.vacation.pag and $HOME/.vacation.dir files. Execute this option before you modify your $HOME/.forward file. DESCRIPTION
The vacation command accepts standard input and attempts to send a vacation message to the user specified in that input, which should be a mail message. The vacation command is usually invoked in your $HOME/.forward file, which is used to forward your mail to another username. When you want vacation messages to be sent to users who send you mail, enter the following in your $HOME/.forward file: user, "|vacation user" Replace user by your username. This allows mail sent to you to be both received by you and piped to the vacation command; vacation reads the mail message, determines the sender, and sends a reply. The sender receives a vacation message, and the original mail is waiting in your mailbox when you return. When vacation is invoked without the -I option, as in the file, it reads the first line from the standard input for a From line to deter- mine the sender. If this is not present, an error message is produced. (All properly formatted incoming mail should include a From line.) No vacation message is sent if the From header line indicates that the message is from Postmaster; from MAILER-DAEMON; if the initial From line includes the string -REQUEST@; or if a Precedence: bulk or Precedence: junk line is included in the header. You must initialize vacation for your username by issuing the command vacation -I before you can use the vacation command. The vacation command expects a $HOME/.vacation.msg file containing a message to be sent back to each sender. The file should be an entire message, including any desired headers, such as From or Subject. This message will be sent only once a week to each unique message sender. (If this file does not exist, vacation uses /usr/share/lib/vacation.def, a system-wide default vacation message, if it exists.) The names of people who have sent you messages are kept in the files $HOME/.vacation.pag and $HOME/.vacation.dir. These files are created when you initialize vacation for your username with vacation -I. EXAMPLES
If your username is myra and you want to send a message once a week to each person who has sent you mail, initialize vacation by entering: vacation -I Next, add the following line to your $HOME/.forward file (create this file if it does not exist): myra, "|vacation myra" If you want to send a vacation message other than the system default message in /usr/share/lib/vacation.def, create the file in your home directory and enter the message in it. For example: From: myra@k.table (Myra Louise Minter) Subject: I am on vacation. Delivered-By-the-Graces-Of: the Vacation program I am on vacation until October 1. If you have something urgent, please telephone Lucy or Sue. -- Myra FILES
System-wide default vacation message. Contains address to which mail is forwarded. Contains the names of people who have sent you mail while the vacation command was being used. Contains the names of people who have sent you mail while the vacation command was being used. Contains your personal vacation message. SEE ALSO
Commands: mail(1), mailx(1), sendmail(8) vacation(1)