Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep commnad
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep commnad Post 59240 by videsh77 on Tuesday 14th of December 2004 11:45:54 AM
Old 12-14-2004
props,
Solution I suggested do not involve grep, its an alternative to grep.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How does commnad tail implement

How does commnad tail implement ? Thank you . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commnad for getting bandwidth usage

Hi all Wanted to know if there is a command that gives me the bandwidth used at any point of time (in mbps). I pay for the bandwidth I have used and need to be alerted everytime I corss over a certain limit. Regards KS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting file and unique commnad..

hello everyone.. I was wondering is there a effective way to sort file that contains colomns and numeric one. file 218900012192 8938929 8B8DF3664 1E7E2D59D5 0000 26538 1234 74024415 218900012979 8938929 8B8DF3664 1E7E2D59D5 0000 26538 1234 74024415 218900012992 8938929 8B8DF3664... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to apply the awk commnad ?

Hi, I have a file and the contents of the file is say World World World Now i need to append some more words in each of the line and the the output of the file should like the one below Will India win the World Cup? Will India win the World Cup? Will India win the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use find commnad to show only path of the result

Hello all say i like to find files i do : find . -name "*.txt" but if i like to find ( and print out ) only the path's where the files are ( the *.txt files ) what can i add to the find command ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User History and commnad log

Dear All I had a UNIX ( Sun solaris ) os. There are many user on that server. Now i want to find during last week who had log in to the sever and which commnad are executed by them? I also want to from which IP they had log in to the server. Is there any log file generated for user in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can we perform calculation on the ouput of the commnad

Hello I am very new to unix scripting. The below is the ouput of my one command, now i want to use the two below values 611 and 572 from the output of the command . in the ouput i want 39 which would be come by subtracting 572 to 611. please suggest how can we perform subtraction of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

zsh and watch commnad

Hi Guys i have set the watch command on my shell watch=all but this will report when i open and close a shell, is there a way so that it will ignore me user but only when i am on my machine i can set it to watch=notme but that will not detect if someone su -<my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies
SHTOOL-ECHO.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-ECHO.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-echo - GNU shtool echo(1) extensional command SYNOPSIS
shtool echo [-n|--newline] [-e|--expand] string DESCRIPTION
shtool echo is an echo(1) style command which prints string to stdout and optionally provides special expansion constructs (terminal bold mode, environment details, date, etc) and newline control. The trick of this command is that it provides a portable -n option and hides the gory details needed to find out the environment details under option -e. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -n, --newline By default, output is written to stdout followed by a "newline" (ASCII character 0x0a). If option -n is used, this newline character is omitted. -e, --expand If option -e is used, string can contain special "%x" constructs which are expanded before the output is written. Currently the following constructs are recognized: %B switch terminal mode to bold display mode. %b switch terminal mode back to normal display mode. %u the current user name. %U the current user id (numerical). %g the current group name. %G the current group id (numerical). %h the current hostname (without any domain extension). %d the current domain name. %D the current day of the month. %M the current month (numerical). %m the current month name. %Y the current year. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool echo -n -e "Enter your name [%B%u%b]: "; read name shtool echo -e "Your Email address might be %u@%h%d" shtool echo -e "The current date is %D-%m-%Y" HISTORY
The GNU shtool echo command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Website META Language (WML) under the name buildinfo. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), echo(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-ECHO.TMP(1)