Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OSI 9.0 Installation
Operating Systems Solaris OSI 9.0 Installation Post 59223 by andryk on Tuesday 14th of December 2004 04:13:58 AM
Old 12-14-2004
It's a daemon where your OSI stack will request for valid license before everything.

check if it running 'ps -ef | grep lmgrd' start it if not '/etc/init.d/lic_mgr start'.

Look at this directory /etc/opt/licenses/ where your license data is stored and the gui tool called lit among other things...

But i guess you don't have the right tool installed Smilie , so be sure these 2 pkgs are on your box: SUNWlicsw & SUNWlit which are needed

A safe bet is to open a sun case Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

What are the 7 layers of OSI model or TCP/IP

what is it?? I looked everywhere but cant seem to find it also where can I get information about the difference between NFS 2 or NFS 3?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

The OSI-model

after reading a paper about the OSI-model I'm not exactly sure how to look at this model. Does data (a file) travel from the application level "down" each layer at the client Application V Presentation V Session V Transport V Network V Data link V | | | (Physical) | (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
3 Replies

3. Solaris

OSI 9.0 Installation some question

Hi. I get the folloing message if i try to start the osinet deamon: # /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet start starting osi daemonunable to unload all the osi modules some OSI applications may be running unable to start OSI daemon # Has anyone an idea what is going wrong? Answers to mail: (Note... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morenqfj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

OSI interface...

I'm using OSI version 9.0 with solaries OS , I 'm thinking of analysing the tracing while sending information through OSI layers , I want to analyze exactly the BER data ? Any one could provide an examples , I know the command for tracing these information but i need to understand the bytes travels... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

5. Debian

OSI application for Debian...

Is there OSI telecom application which can be installed on debian similar to Solstice Solaries OSI ? I need to get it on debian to build cmise and communicate with Network element . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

OSI model, communication between same layers but on different machines

Hi friends, I hope everyone is doing fine. I have this confusion regarding the OSI model. I have been reading a book on datacommunication and networking which discusses the OSI model in great detail. One thing that I can't figure out is the OSI daigram in this book. It shows communication between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to start OSI deamon

dear all, i am working on test server with solaris 10 , after installing OSI deamon i stopped it for a test now when i am starting again i am getting this message that i ggoled and search evrywhere and haven't any response i will be glade for any help in here mate the error was : ./osinet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semaan
1 Replies
STLICENSE(1M)															     STLICENSE(1M)

NAME
stlicense - server access control program for X SYNOPSIS
stlicense [-v] [-fp directory] {-fn typeface | -pr product} [[+-]netdev ...] DESCRIPTION
The stlicense program is run interactively by the font administrator to give devices attached to hosts on the network, netdevs, access to typefaces. Responsibility for maintaining security rests with users root, bin, and the owners of the font directories. OPTIONS
stlicense accepts the command line options described below. -fp directory The path of directories to search for the specified product or typeface. The directories must have the suffix .st or they will be ignored. If several directories are specified, they are separated by the colon (":") character. Stlicense will search the path until it finds a directory that contains the specified product or typeface. It will use that directory for all of its operations. If no -fp option is specifies, the value of environment variable STPATH is used. If neither -fp nor STPATH is present, the default path is /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ifo.st. -fn typeface The typeface being licensed. It is specified as an XLFD font name. The entire font name does not have to be specified. The pro- gram will use the first typeface whose name matches the name specified. -pr product Specifying a product instead of a typeface provides a convenient way to license collections of typefaces. Product names are estab- lished when typefaces are loaded. Use either the -fn or the -pr option, but never both. One of them must be present for license additions or removals. -v The verbose option controls the number of messages returned. By default, stlicense prints messages only when a request could not be fulfilled. With the verbose option, status messages are printed for all licensing requests. -help If this is the only option specified, a brief message listing the valid options to stlicense will be printed. +netdev The netdev is granted a license to the product or typeface specified. Adding a product license to the netdev means adding licenses to all of the typefaces which comprise the product. The netdev is specified in the form host:device. The host name is a node on the network. They can be discless nodes, workstations, and the like. The device, usually a printer, is attached to the host. The name of the device must be a valid file name. Special host STSYSTEM refers to all nodes on the network; typefaces licensed to STSYSTEM are available to every host. Special device DISPLAYS refers to all servers running on the host. Special device PRINTERS refers to all printers connected to the host. The host defaults to the host on which stlicense is running. The device defaults to DISPLAYS. Adding a product license to a netdev which already has a license for the product causes the net- dev's fonts.dir file to be updated with the current definition of the product. -netdev The license for specified typeface or product is removed from this netdev. netdev The products/typefaces licensed for this netdev are displayed. If the -pr or -fn option is specified, stlicense reports whether the specified product or typeface is licensed for this netdev. In the case of typefaces, only those that have been individually licensed with the -fn option (that is, not licensed as part of a product with the -pr option) can be queried by this option. As with addition and removal of licenses, the host and device portions of the netdev specification default to `hostname` and DIS- PLAYS (respectively). So running stlicense without any [+|-]netdev arguments is identical to specifying an argument of `host- name`:DISPLAYS; licensing information is returned for device DISPLAYS for the host on which stlicense is running. FILES
This program updates the netdev's license files in the licenses subdirectory of the typeface directory (*.st). It creates and deletes licensing files as necessary. If files for the netdev do not exist, it creates them. Deleting the last license from a netdev will cause the netdev's licensing files to be deleted. Hosts have directories in licenses. Devices have directories within their host's directory. Typefaces available to the netdev are stored in fonts.dir. Product licenses issued to the netdev are stored in products.dir. The typefaces that comprise valid products are specified in the products directory of typeface directories (*.st). EXAMPLES
stlicense -pr builtin +STSYSTEM:DISPLAYS Licenses the Intellifont fonts contained in the product "builtin" (and listed in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ifo.st/products/builtin) for all dis- plays. stlicense -fp /usr/lib/X11/fonts/type1.st -pr builtin +STSYSTEM:DISPLAYS Licenses the Type 1 fonts contained in the product "builtin" (and listed in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/type1.st/products/builtin) for all displays. SEE ALSO
stload(1M), stmkfont(1), stconv(1M), stmkdirs(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1990, Hewlett-Packard Company See X(1) for a full statement of rights and permissions. X Version 11 Release 5 STLICENSE(1M)