Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Concatenation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenation Post 59208 by videsh77 on Monday 13th of December 2004 01:17:49 PM
Old 12-13-2004
Concatenation

What is syntax for String concatenation?

I have $1 as directory.
$var is some variable value
'/' String value.

How do I have to concatenate if I have to run utility -

util $1 followed by '/' followed by $var

There is no space between these three.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

How can I do this: date = 4 -----------> 04 Month= 3-----------> 03 I wish to make a varibale named Var1 which will hold the value of current date and month value as: 2 digits for date. 2 digits for month. So finally var1 should hold value as 0403 --- MMDD (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenation Of Variables

Hi, when I echo the values of two variables that have been set for example: export FRUIT1=ORANGE export FRUIT2=APPLE echo $FRUIT1 ORANGE echo $FRUIT2 APPLE as expected but when I echo the following: echo ${FRUIT1}AND{$FRUIT2} I was expecting to get: ORANGEANDAPPLE but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaxim
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep concatenation??

So, I have huge results file and I need to extract two lines, so far I know that these two commands separately do what I need: grep "Query=" results.out grep "Sequence" -2 results.out Now, I have no idea how to concatenate these results together so that every query matches up with their... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of two patterns

Read the lines from the file and concatenate the lines into single line then search the string "INPUT=" from the another file and if "INPUT" is present in that file assign the concatenate patterns into "INPUT=" pattern. example: file1.txt <some lines> INPUT = <some lines> file2.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsureshmca
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line concatenation help

please help me on this.... cat /xx.txt 2:1 2 2:2 24 8:0 0 9:0 0 Expected result would be 2:1 2 2:2 24 8:0 0 9:0 0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation

awk '{$2=$2":"$8"-"$3;$3=$NF;$4=$NF="";print $0 | $10=$10":"$8"-"$18;$11=$NF;$12=$NF="";print $0 }' design.txt Trying to concatenate specific fields in a spreadsheet and the others remain unchanged. I attached an excel spreadsheet (all the data comes from a design.txt), but I put an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenation script

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
XtErrorMsg(3)						    XT COMPATIBILITY FUNCTIONS						     XtErrorMsg(3)

NAME
XtErrorMsg, XtSetErrorMsgHandler, XtWarningMsg, XtSetWarningMsgHandler - high-level error handlers SYNTAX
void XtErrorMsg(String name, String type, String class, String default, String *params, Cardinal *num_params); void XtSetErrorMsgHandler(XtErrorMsgHandler msg_handler); void XtSetWarningMsgHandler(XtErrorMsgHandler msg_handler); void XtWarningMsg(String name, String type, String class, String default, String *params, Cardinal *num_params); ARGUMENTS
class Specifies the resource class. default Specifies the default message to use. name Specifies the general kind of error. type Specifies the detailed name of the error. msg_handler Specifies the new fatal error procedure, which should not return or the nonfatal error procedure, which usually returns. num_params Specifies the number of values in the parameter list. params Specifies a pointer to a list of values to be stored in the message. DESCRIPTION
The XtErrorMsg function has been superceded by XtAppErrorMsg. The XtSetErrorMsgHandler function has been superceded by XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler. The XtSetWarningMsgHandler function has been superceded by XtAppSetWarningMsgHandler. The XtWarningMsg function has been superceded by XtAppWarningMsg SEE ALSO
XtAppErrorMsg(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.4 XtErrorMsg(3)