Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xterm help?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting xterm help? Post 59166 by bhargav on Friday 10th of December 2004 04:58:56 PM
Old 12-10-2004
follwoing is working for me ....

xterm -title "Bhargav" &

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xterm

Guys: Anyone have ideas on where can I get information or references if I want to learn on how to program with UNIX GUIs? If you do have ideas please let me know. Its a big help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

Would someone tell me how to save changes in xterm once I've made them using the program options? For example, I type: xterm -bg red and my console window changes color. But how can I now make this attribute save, so that it becomes the default when I relaunch xterm? Any help you can offer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: af6
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm?

Hello all, This is a lame question because I have been working with unix for some years now, but anyway here it is; What is an xterm? ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

hi I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. that is i am doing a rlogin to serverB from serverA. i did the command export DISPLAY=serverA:0 but it prompted me the error DISPLAY=serverA:0: is not an identifier i have searched the forum but there is not much things on this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send from one XTERM to another

Hi who can I send a command from one Xterm to another Xterm? Example: I have 2 xterm windows and the want to send ls from #1 to #2 and see the result in #2. This is ofcourse not what I will do, will from a script start 2 xterm and then start 2 other scripts in these xterm windows. Thanx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrKalle
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

startx / xterm

When I try to run startx or xterm the window opens fine, however when using keyboard incorrect chars are displayed, e.g pressing return displays 2 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm on Linux

Hi all, I use cygwin-X to log on to a remote Linux server (from WIN-XP) When I type xterm& it prints what it should print, something like: 23166 but the new screen never starts. What can cause this problem? do I need to add something to my PATH? Thanks! R (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rachel Ross
2 Replies

8. Slackware

xterm problem?

My understanding is that /usr/share/terminfo/x/ is populated from a standard set of files and not by compiling, i.e. tic, termcaps. I am getting from both regular user and root when issuing: man tic ------> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional tset -q --------> xterm: unknown terminal type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UTF-8 in xterm

I need to use sort, uniq, grep, wc,... and the like to work with lists of words in UTF-8 (the "words" being phonetic transcriptions using the IPA). I have been using Google a lot and I even found at least one previous post on this topic, but it didn't help. I tried following the instructions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mregine
2 Replies
XTERMSET(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XTERMSET(1)

NAME
xtermset - change settings of an xterm SYNOPSIS
xtermset [-option ...] DESCRIPTION
xtermset allows you to change the characteristics of an xterm window from the command line. Most options have the same names as those that you would give xterm at startup. OPTIONS
-store [<filename>] This option will save all the other command line options given to the filename. If filename is omitted then the options will be written to ~/.xtermsetrc. -default [<filename>] This option will load options from the specified filename. If the filename is omitted then the options will be loaded from ~/.xtermsetrc. Options specified on the command line preceed those that are in the options file. -f, -force xtermset normally checks if you are using it on a correct terminal (xterm (derivative) or dtterm (derivative). With this option you can override this checking. -T string, -title string Sets the window title. -n string Sets the icon name. -fg color Sets the VT100 foreground color. -bg color Sets the VT100 background color. -mousefg color Sets the mouse pointer foreground color. -mousebg color Sets the mouse pointer background color. -tekfg color Sets the Tektronix emulation window foreground color. -tekbg color Sets the Tektronix emulation window background color. -cr color Sets the text cursor color. -hc color Sets the color for highlighted (selected) text. -fn font-spec, -font font-spec Sets the font. -geom geometry-spec, -geometry geometry-spec Sets the window size and position; see X(1) for details. FILES
~/.xtermsetrc SEE ALSO
bash(1), xterm(1), X(1) BUGS
-geom does not support offsets from the left or bottom of the screen. If the geometry-spec isn't in the correct format, the output will be strange. AUTHORS
Breyten Ernsting (bje@dds.nl) Decklin Foster (decklin@home.com) User Commands Dec 2000 XTERMSET(1)