Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX and Processor
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX and Processor Post 5914 by Heathbo on Sunday 26th of August 2001 05:10:46 PM
Old 08-26-2001
Question UNIX and Processor

What kind of processors can Free BSD run on?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix & Processor compatibility

subject is self explanitory... can i install Unix on a system w/ and AMD processor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath3021
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get processor Id in UNIX

Hello readers how to get the processor id in UNIX environment? how to get the network card Id in UNIX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I see the processor usage in Unix??

Could anybody tell me which command I should use to see how many percentage or something from the processor is used by various programs? Thanx in Advance! Erik:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on a amd athlon processor

I just need a simple answer on if installing unix on a pc using an AMD processor instead of Intel is going to be a problem. Thank you one and all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frznmeatcicle
3 Replies

7. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

8. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor id/name

How to find out whether the system has multiple processors. In multiprocessor system how to get their names or ids How to send command to a particular processor ( can we use rsh) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help for processor

hello Admins, how to find number of processor in unix machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
2 Replies
GET_NPROCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     GET_NPROCS(3)

NAME
get_nprocs, get_nprocs_conf - get number of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysinfo.h> int get_nprocs(void); int get_nprocs_conf(void); DESCRIPTION
The function get_nprocs_conf() returns the number of processors configured by the operating system. The function get_nprocs() returns the number of processors currently available in the system. This may be less than the number returned by get_nprocs_conf() because processors may be offline (e.g., on hotpluggable systems). RETURN VALUE
As given in DESCRIPTION. CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions. NOTES
The current implementation of these functions is rather expensive, since they open and parse files in the /sys filesystem each time they are called. The following sysconf(3) calls make use of the functions documented on this page to return the same information. np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF); /* processors configured */ np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN); /* processors available */ EXAMPLE
The following example shows how get_nprocs() and get_nprocs_conf() can be used. #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/sysinfo.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("This system has %d processors configured and " "%d processors available. ", get_nprocs_conf(), get_nprocs()); return 0; } GNU
2012-03-20 GET_NPROCS(3)