Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Red Hat Enterprise Linux - For Free! Post 59097 by zazzybob on Thursday 9th of December 2004 04:05:51 PM
Old 12-09-2004
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - For Free!

CentOS 2 and 3 are a 100% compatible rebuild of the RHEL 2 and 3 versions, in full compliance with RedHat's redistribution requirements. It is for people who need an enterprise class OS without the cost of certification and support.

Read more here.

I've just installed it on a spare box and it *appears* to be everything it says it is. It'll even install under VMware (I have Workstation 4.52) so you can try it out even if you don't have a spare machine lying around.

Cheers
ZB

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 3

Hello there guys, i'm new in this linux world and i'm having problems with telnet session. I enabled telnet login but it wont let me login as root. is there a file that i need to take a look to make sure that root could telnet to the system. Thanks a lot guys for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Enterprise RED HAT Linux

The Adobe Flash Player does not work in my Enterprise Red Hat Linux. It instructs me to download the Flash Player which I have done. However, it does not install. Do I have a GUI in Red Hat that I can use or do I have to do it via command line. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Anil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Help with Linux Red Hat Enterprise 5.4

I installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5.4 on a desktop in work. I am stuck on the following 1. I have to ensure that Syslogd options in the /etc/sysconfig/syslog file read SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-r -m 0". After making this execute service syslog restart the syslog and make this change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.colgan
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to prepare for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certifications?

Hi Everyone, I am working as a AIX System Administrator. I did few certifications related to my work. And i do have a very little working experience of Red Hat (Linux OS). i started learning RHEL, and would like to get the professional certifications from Red Hat. I was browsing redhat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
subscription-manager-gui(8)				       Subscription Manager				       subscription-manager-gui(8)

NAME
subscription-manager-gui - Launches the UI client of the Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
subscription-manager-gui [--register] DESCRIPTION
subscription-manager-gui opens the local client tool to manage subscriptions and installed products on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The same tasks that can be performed by invoking subscription-manager can be performed in the GUI, including registering systems with a subscription management service, applying and removing subscriptions, and viewing the subscription status of installed products. The Subscription Manager UI can also be opened by selecting the Red Hat Subscription Manager item from the Applications > System Tools menu in RHEL 5.x or the System > Administration menu in RHEL 6.x. OPTIONS
--register If a system has not yet been registered, then the GUI registration page can be opened immediately, as the Subscription Manager GUI comes up. This is only relevant for unregistered systems; if this is used after a system is registered, the option is ignored. REFERENCES
For procedures and tasks that can be performed in the Subscription Manager UI, check the Gnome help files (by pressing <F1>) or refer to the RHEL Subscription Management Guide at <https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Subscription_Management/1.0/html/Sub- scription_Management_Guide/index.html>. ASSOCIATED FILES
* /usr/sbin/subscription-manager-gui * /usr/sbin/subscription-manager * /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf BUGS
This client is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this client, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.2 December 18, 2012 subscription-manager-gui(8)