Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Some problem about usb mass storage device Post 59038 by Tux on Wednesday 8th of December 2004 11:30:46 AM
Old 12-08-2004
Which other modules do you have loaded?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

path_to_inst output for usb storage device

Hello, I have a sun blade 100 with solaris 10 and am perplexed by the instances of devices that I see when I attach a usb flash stick to one of the ports in the back of the chassis. Here is what I see for USB storage in /etc/path_to_inst: "/pci@1f,0/usb@c,3/storage@3" 0 "scsa2usb"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: montana77
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Usb Device

AM TRYING TO CONNECT A USB EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR BACKUP,THE USB SLOT IS AVAILABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS READY WHEN I CONNECT IT,AND WHAT COMMANDS DO I NEED. tHANKS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to enumerate USB Mass Storage devices?

Hi all, I want to write a program in C that can enumerate all USB massand their mount point storage on my system. i want to give ability to copy one file to desired USB mass storage or read a file from it. I have posted another question about how can recieve USB arrival in this forum. I think... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aghashahi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting A USB Storage Device From A Script

I need a way to reliably detect a USB storage device from a bash script. I know how to use 'lsusb' to list the USB devices - but then how can I match a device listed in 'lsusb' output to an actual disk device? Is there some way to map one to the other? Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaddox099
3 Replies

6. Programming

usb real time video storage

Hi, Am working on an embedded device with a camera and I would want to send the video data it streams to a usb device connected to it. Am using the c language and of course Linux (Fedora). Any help and suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: THSstd
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

How to disable USB for storage devices in Suse?

Hello folks, for some confidential reason, I need to disable the USB to access the storage devices in Suse11.2, but I still need two USB for the mouse and keyboard. Anyone knows? Thanks a lot in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnsxhj
3 Replies

8. AIX

Mounting USB Mass Storage

Hi experts, recently i'm exploring USB with filesystem FAT32 mounting on my aix oslevel 6100-04-02-1007. I tried to google to get solutions but failed. Thus, i post it here hope to get solution. Appreciate :) This is my usb drives: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar on usb device

Hi, i am developing an application on an ARM 7 architatcure with a small Linux. i want to run tar on a usb device (~10 Mb) but it runs realy slow. the command only takes 1% of cpu usage. is there a way to improve the tar command or is the USB-Connection the bottleneck here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisk
4 Replies
lsusb(8)							Linux USB Utilities							  lsusb(8)

NAME
lsusb - list all USB devices SYNOPSIS
lsusb [options] DESCRIPTION
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about all USB buses in the system and all devices connected to them. To make use of all the features of this program, you need to have Linux kernel 2.3.15 or newer which supports the /proc/bus/usb interface. OPTIONS
-v Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about all devices. -vv Tells lsusb to be very verbose and display even more information (actually everything the PCI device is able to tell). -s [[<bus>]:][<devnum>]] Show only devices in specified bus and devnum. -d [<vendor>]:[<product>] Show only devices with specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal and may be omitted. -p <procpath> Use another path instead of /proc/bus/usb. -D <device> Do not scan the /proc/bus/usb directory, instead display only information if the device whose device file is given. -t Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. FILES
/usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols). /proc/bus/usb An interface to USB devices provided by the post-2.3.15 Linux kernels. Contains per-bus subdirectories with per-device files and a devices file containing a list of all USB devices. SEE ALSO
lspci(8) AUTHOR
Thomas Sailer, <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>. usbutils-0.2 14 September 1999 lsusb(8)